JAN 28th HATCH!!! Who's with me?!?

I'm mad because I won't be here on hatch day!
he.gif
barnie.gif

We're going to Music Lessons and of course..I have to go!
rant.gif
somad.gif

Sooooo upset!

I was once in that position. My mom thoought I would make a great piano player. I made it one practice before they sugested the tamborine.
roll.png

I found out something else too, I aint so good at picking a guitar either. They thought that old redneck should be able to play a guitar, but nope not for me.

Well, I am too new at this to be sure of anything, but I candled tonight and I know I saw some movement. I pray they are really going to hatch. Oh, it is like a mom on the outside....you get to see the baby forming and watch the birth. It is so exciting. I just hope I can at least hatch a few.

Now, problems...I have eggs to hatch on 28th and due to some issues, a set in same incubator to hatch on 3rd. How do I handle this at lockdown time? Also, what is floating?

Quote:
I did the same thing.. I took the advice from another BYC'er that does staggered hatches and I'm keeping my humidity at around 50% the entire time.. No higher humidity during the last 3 days... I guess we will see how it does...

This is an awesome thread but I found this particular post to most valuable... Check it out! https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=1358211#p1358211

Goddess
jumpy.gif

ok i am in lockdown i candled all eggs and i think all 13 look good
fl.gif
last time i had several that made it to lockdown then quit so im a little nervous

Well, I have decided I am candling retarded... Day 14, there are a few that are clear, so I know those aren't good, as for the rest????

And being stuffed up, (my whole family caught this cold) no one can smell!!! I will have to train a dog to be an eggy detector, good egg one bark, bad egg, COVER YOUR NOSE!! Hey wonder if dogs could smell the difference between males/females??

Opps meant to ad
lau.gif

Last edited:
Now, I am REALLY, REALLY lost. What do you mean by smelling the eggs? Can you tell you I know nothing about all of this? Sorry, for all the dumb questions, but I really am trying to learn.

Back
Top Bottom