JAN 28th HATCH!!! Who's with me?!?

I have pips! My first ever incubation and I have pips!!!
wee.gif
celebrate.gif
wee.gif

At midnight I had 6 of 7 pipped with the 7th rocking. This morning still 6 of 7 pipped but the holes are larger on 2 or 3 of them
big_smile.png

Can't wait to meet my fuzzy butts!
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

Okay yall, remember, no name calling...so you can't tell me I am stupid or dumb, but I thought the purpose of starter was for more protein than they get from laying pellets or crumbles? I thought they needed the protein for stronger growth. I have never had baby babies, but I was told I was feeding my month and older chicks wrong for this reason.

Isn't it grand that there is no pat answer to this feed question!!???
I thought that you had to have higher protien and the antibiotic to keep them healthy...
so I use chick starter...
and for ducks you bought the antibiotic free type.

I only feed layer crumbles otherwise, mainly cause at our feed stores it is that or scratch, that's it.

so, wonder if we can find a chicken nutritionist to sort this out! (but I'm using starter, cause I have a huge bag already!

Quote:
Yup, chick starter has a higher % of protein. It will also have different levels of vitamins and minerals for optimal chick development.

The brand I use has for layer hens: Pullet Starter till 8 weeks, Pullet Grower till 14 weeks, Pullet Developer till POL or first egg and then several different kinds of layer to choose from.

There is also breeder ration which is designed for breeding groups, it has less calcium because roo's don't need as much of that but shell grit must be offered free choice because the hens do need it.

Hope that helps and isn't even more confusing.
smile.png

Well I put 5 of my 12 under my broody hen yesturday. She took them then tried to peck me. I hope she is a good mother, she sure is mean with me. I have 7 left in the bator, went on lock down last night. I am going to try to give those to her also when they hatch. Fingers and toes all crossed. I hope to start seeing something tomorrow night. Hope everyone is doing well.

I think I have a stinker, I can kinda smell but to congested to ferret it out!!! I am to afraid to try the floater test but I have to go into lockdown tomorrow, any other suggestions???

fl.gif

Well we've gone into LOCKDOWN here on day 18. Made sure the humidity was up between 50-60% and the temp has been steady since we put the heat lamp over the incubator. I'm still worried since that dang heating element quit this am but you do what you have to right?
duc.gif

Hoping that the one chickie hatches that I saw movement on tonite before lockdown.

Hope everyone has good hatches!!!
fl.gif

Just went into lockdown. Expecting on Saturday. We are excited, especially the wife. When we candled she said "It's like an ultrasound". Good Luck everyone.

Back
Top Bottom