JAN 28th HATCH!!! Who's with me?!?

I sympathize with you. I checked the 'bator last thing before bed last night, BAD move, 6 of 7 were pipped! Needless to say I didn't get a lot of sleep last night.
lol.png

My pips popped!
lol.png
Looks like another blue bantam Cochin and a possibly white silkie.
celebrate.gif

My last egg is piping now so it looks like it won't be long till I can pull the other plug, dry them out and move them to the brooder.
I can't believe how tiny and cute they are!
love.gif

OMG

I TOTALLY need more pictures people! Please!! I need something to help me make it to Saturday!!
ya.gif

Congrats, everyone!!
wee.gif

PHOTOS!!!!
jumpy.gif
yippiechickie.gif
jumpy.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Quote:
When has anyone turned down chick pics here?
lol.png

No, no. I won't mind outdated ones! I absolutely love that first photo. The chick's eyes are too precious!
love.gif

I'm a nervous nelly here. First time hatcher, under a first time broody. I have 3 little girls hoping for babies. I've explained mother nature to them. So I think we are all prepared. But I'm just too worried myself about how I will take it if any of them don't make it or hatch and die in the first few days. Then there's the what-ifs with momma. What if she doesn't want to be a mom and starts hurting the babies????? UGH!
he.gif

Is it normally 21 days under a broody, or possibly sooner? I don't think I will sleep a wink on Friday or Saturday night. I'm not supposed to peek under her right?????
hide.gif

Looking forward to Fluffy Butts!!! The next broody we get will be hatching silkies and polish for a 4-H project!
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Well my last egg is torturing me. It piped hours ago and is just sitting there and I want it to hurry up so I can pull the other plug and dry out my babies ready for the brooder.

They are drying ever so slowly and I think I need to revise my guessed colors. My ones I thought were black or cuckoo Bantam Cochins may be mottles
big_smile.png
and also may be dark blue, they aren't as black as the black Silkie that's for sure.
More interestingly... the Bantam Cochin I thought was blue when wet I think now is LAVENDER!!!
th.gif
They are really rare but there was a pen of them where the eggs came from. I didn't dare hope to get one but looks like I have!
celebrate.gif

Edit: It's fun to guess because with all the pens where the eggs came from, I could have anything!
big_smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom