JAN 28th HATCH!!! Who's with me?!?

Quote:
Congrats!! So exciting huh???
On a totally other note, I live in CA now but grew up in MO and my big bro went to MMA for 2-3 years! I know where Mexico is!! Drove home thru pea soup fog once with my mom from a dance! Lots of memories from there!! Lol. It IS a small world!!

Wow. Thats neet. I grew up just a block from the MMA. Then moved to Ohio when i was in highschool. Then eventualy moved back and bought a place just outside of town. Small world indeed.
frow.gif

My LG failed me. Out of 47 eggs that made it to lockdown, I got 28 chicks and a whole bunch of fully formed, dead in shells. : (

My husband has promised to buy me a cabinet style incubator very soon...

And I had to cull a chick that was born with major deformities...

The 28 is what was actually viable and healthy hatched chicks. I am happy with the chicks I have but keep thinking about the ones that didn't make it...
sad.png

On another note, I went to an auction last night and brought home 2 dozen blue eggs! I am sure they are EEs, but there is a chance they are true ameraucanas! (sp?)

I only paid 1.25 per dozen, so I couldn't pass it up!

CONGRATS to all the new chick mommys and daddys!!! I just
love.gif
to see the cute pics! Keep 'em coming!!!!
smile.png
wee.gif

Well, I have no idea if any more hatches last night because I just can't count them.. LOL... My husband told me last nigh that the big bathroom will get steamy enough to fog he mirror so it should work fine... I have one chick that is currently zipping and once it's out, I will go ahead and take the bator into the bathroom, wait for it to get steamed up and then get all the chicks out... I did notice that the humidity dropped down to 60% overnight.. Not too awful but enough that the chick zipping now may have started to get stuck... I used the tubing to get some more water in there and put just a tiny drop on the membrane of the zipping chick.. It didn't seem too bad so I'll give it a little bit... I'll post an update once i get those chicks out of there and into he brooder box...

Goddess
jumpy.gif

I have 11 eggs in the bator. 2 are out, 5 are hatching, and 4 I don't know yet. Will give them until tomorrow and see what is going on. Contratulations to us for our new fuzzie butts.

I love all of these cute photos!!!

I have 4 under mama due out today. I can hear peeping and lots of various noises. I'm DYING to peek!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

thumbsup.gif

Congrats to all the chickies!!! We're still waiting no pips...no nothing....Today is day 21.

I'm getting ANXIOUS!!!
barnie.gif

I finally have an update! Out of 39 eggs set, I have 24 healthy chicks.. 3 chicks were DIS.. One of those pipped through the yolk, one pipped through a vein and the third one was the one I had zipping this morning.. Not sure what happened to it because it wasn't shrink wrapped or anything and it was a fully formed chick.. guess it just wasn't strong enough or it had something wrong internally... I still have 12 eggs that I left in he bator and will give them until the others hatch unless they hatch before that...

I have figured out that my production reds are NOT good to use for hatching eggs... When they were younger, hey had a vitamin A deficiency and I think that could have lowered the hatchability of the eggs.. I thought it was because I was using a homemade bator but with this hach, I only got TWO to hatch... After the next set of eggs, I will have to put food coloring on their vents for he next one and figure out which one or ones I CAN use for hatching... It will be very time consuming but for whoever is giving me duds, it will be worth not setting those eggs for a better hatch rate...

I figure, I will give the 12 that didn't hatch an extra few days because I set more eggs for two more days after the original ones to fill the bator so they are still only on day 20 and 21... They still have a chance....

Goddess
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom