Jan./Feb. 2014 hatch a long

Out of curiosity has anyone ever gotten eggs shipped to them that did not have detached air cells I am just wondering If it is a lost cause for me. Every single set of eggs I have gotten has had detached air cells.

Here is one of four of the newborns so far!

Congrats!
jumpy.gif

I HAVE CHICKS!!!
love.gif
yesterday was hatch day for 18 silkie eggs, as of right now I have 11 our, (7 in brooder, 4 fluffing in the incubator) and then have another almost out in the incubator, and another egg just externally pipped before I left for work... will put my fluffies in the brooder at lunch, but looks like at least 13 are ok for now!!! woohooo!!
yesss.gif
still hopeful for my last 5. Today is day 22.

my little kids are sooo excited. (as are myself and my husband...)
wee.gif

I HAVE CHICKS!!!
love.gif
yesterday was hatch day for 18 silkie eggs, as of right now I have 11 our, (7 in brooder, 4 fluffing in the incubator) and then have another almost out in the incubator, and another egg just externally pipped before I left for work... will put my fluffies in the brooder at lunch, but looks like at least 13 are ok for now!!! woohooo!!
yesss.gif

wee.gif
Whoo Hoo!!
yippiechickie.gif

So, I think the first of my 2 chicks that had a few issue might possibly have splayed leg. It cannot stand on it"s own and kept laying on it's left side (which wasn't drying out and looked like the wing was possibly not doing well, but I took it out cleaned it up and helped pulled the legs underneath with a paper towel it was on and it seemed to do a little better. Here's a pic

I have read about using a bandaid for a splint..I think I'm going to try that unless someone thinks I should do something different. My first thought is the chick needs to be dried off before splinting. Have any of you had experience with splayed leg? Any tips? As always I appreciate any advice!
HI,
I cannot tell from the picture if the legs are splayed.
Want to suggest that sometimes they just need more time.I had one like that last hatch...just could not stand.
what I do is take a wash cloth..fold it into a circle to look like a donut.............put the little guy/gal in the middle to allow it support to keep from falling over.........
Mine was fine after two days without any other help. Hope all goes well..............
big_smile.png

I HAVE CHICKS!!!
love.gif
yesss.gif

wee.gif

Yay!!!!!!!!! I have three chicks out as of now and 5 more have pipped...I figured my hatch would be at least one day late due to the power loss the one day and eggs are popping right and left lol, almost every time I go in there is a new pip

The two that are in the brooder:

My EE rooster /Ancona Hen.... Got three more of these in the bator, one is out and another has pipped

Back
Top Bottom