Janoel 12 incubator

I have one I got from amazon. I’m in my first hatch with it. On day 8 now. It does not monitor humidity so you need some kind of gauge for that. I have a wireless indoor/outdoor temp & humidity gauge. It is Celsius only so this temp gauge helps. You can set it to have an upper and lower range of temp. I’ve had no trouble keeping it at 99-100. 3/4 of my eggs are doing fine so far. Humidity is tricky to keep constant - putting water in little cups in the bottom rather than just pouring it in seems to help.

hey there! i just bought one and i am very happy it! i picked up off eBay ($45 shipped).

auto-turn is the best thing ever! no loss in heat/humidity since you don't have to lift the lid to manually turn the eggs. just gotta add water every couple of days to keep humidity up. i used 2 different thermometers to calibrate the incubator when i first got it and they were all reading super close so i didn't end up making any adjustments. oh and something i learned from the youtube reviewers was to make sure the thermometer wire-nodule-thingie is pointing straight down and not sideways.

i am only on day 12 of incubation, but am happy to report definite signs of successful development.

I just hatched my first batch of eggs- 5 bantam faverolles- and I had an 80% hatch rate which, for the very young age of my birds, is wonderful. The incubator may seem cheap and confusing, but it is really excellent, especially for the price. If you have any questions, just pm me. I would be happy to explain more about the machine as I know it is confusing to assemble and start. Good luck!

I have one I got from amazon. I’m in my first hatch with it. On day 8 now. It does not monitor humidity so you need some kind of gauge for that. I have a wireless indoor/outdoor temp & humidity gauge. It is Celsius only so this temp gauge helps. You can set it to have an upper and lower range of temp. I’ve had no trouble keeping it at 99-100. 3/4 of my eggs are doing fine so far. Humidity is tricky to keep constant - putting water in little cups in the bottom rather than just pouring it in seems to help.
If you put in a 1/2 cup, the humidity should be fine until hatch-then you just need to add more.

507E50B9-0A0C-4801-B2D2-4AFC7389A520.jpeg Cool! I hatched these two last week on my first try. Started with 4, but eggs were shipped and neither of the other 2 developed at all. They hatched about 12 hours apart. 7069B48B-F141-4F9F-A30E-2CCCEE4B28F2.jpeg 91E59525-B58E-4E26-87ED-03CAB0D015CD.jpeg

DH got me a Janoel 12 for Valentines Day, he knew I wanted an incubator. I was researching the Janoel 12 & Incuview, wanted the Incuview but guess he decided smaller the better. The eggs I wanted to hatch became unavailable so have yet to try it out. I ran it, temp holds good but the hygrometer I purchased runs higher than is.

If you put in a 1/2 cup, the humidity should be fine until hatch-then you just need to add more.

Where is your location? I've found out that the ambient temp affects the internal humidity. When I was testing & added 1/2C water, humidity was high so I then removed the water & ran it dry, humidity reading then 30% - 45%. It's been humid here, so I'm thinking what I read maybe correct.

I've got one. Just used it. 100% hatch rate! It never once deviated in temperature and outside temps have varied by up to 18 degrees here. I dry hatched and humidity held steady at 25%, went up during hatching and all 10 hatched out within 24 hours of each other. I am really impressed!

DH got me a Janoel 12 for Valentines Day, he knew I wanted an incubator. I was researching the Janoel 12 & Incuview, wanted the Incuview but guess he decided smaller the better. The eggs I wanted to hatch became unavailable so have yet to try it out. I ran it, temp holds good but the hygrometer I purchased runs higher than is.

Where is your location? I've found out that the ambient temp affects the internal humidity. When I was testing & added 1/2C water, humidity was high so I then removed the water & ran it dry, humidity reading then 30% - 45%. It's been humid here, so I'm thinking what I read maybe correct.
I'm from northern Indiana but I also run hatches with higher humidity- I had two hatches going and the incubator with my hydrometer (my cheap, foam little giant) hatched none and I trusted the JAnoel to hatch and regulate its own humidity and it hatched well. I do suggest taking caution during hatch time and I'm sure the humidity can vary a ton based on your location.

Back
Top Bottom