Janoel 24 vent

mellissa

Songster
7 Years
Feb 10, 2015
Hi, I’ve had my janoel 24incubator vent closed for first 15 days. There has been condensation on sides. I have added 150ml of warm water daily. The current external temp is from 8 degrees Celsius to 24 degrees Celsius. Instructions not clear on when to open vent. Can anyone help?

I keep the vent open on my Janoel during the whole hatch.

Do you have a hydrometer? It sounds like your humidity is way too high.

I put 16 fertile eggs in incubator. 2 hatched on day 21, 1 hatched day 22 and 2 hatched day 23,all eggs had pips and some had started unzipping. The hatched chicks moved all eggs to one corner and chicks died before getting out.
Any ideas on how much water to add to keep humidity from getting to high? Also what do you think about non slip drawer liners to prevent rolling of eggs and give chicks a less slippery surface to walk on.

What humidity has worked for you? I set another 16 eggs and 0 hatched this time I could hear pipping in shell at lockdown. The humidity was lower this time until lockdown when I increased it to 75-82% had vent half open to full depending on humidity. What have I done wrong.

What humidity has worked for you? I set another 16 eggs and 0 hatched this time I could hear pipping in shell at lockdown. The humidity was lower this time until lockdown when I increased it to 75-82% had vent half open to full depending on humidity. What have I done wrong.

What was your humidity at during most of the incubation? How many times do you turn a day?

Back
Top Bottom