Janoel Incubator

@ andy1234: What is the humidity of the room the incubator is in? I used my incubator in a 40-50% humid room with no water in any of the channels. As the chicks pip, the humidity naturally rises as each one hatches and dries off--leaving lots of moisture inside. I didn't need to add water at any time. Remember broody hens don't monitor moisture, so temperature is most important. Get a thermometer and place it at egg level. Adjust the temperature of the incubator till it gets to 99.7 degrees F. Run the machine for a couple of days before you add your eggs. If the temperature stays consistent, you can be confident that you will be successful. My little Janoel 10 did a great job.

Hi,is your janoel 10 calabrated properly or did you use it from new without cal ajustment? what is your cal setting saying? is it 0.0?
Ive got chinese painted quail in mine,ime on day 13 with no movement from the eggs,i thought they where all buggered so i craked one open and it was dead from week 1 i think,second one was alive so ive left the rest in to see if they are just late,people say they start moviung about day 12 is that right? If mine are just late ime thinking the temp is wrong on incubator,my cal is at 0.0 but ive since read they dont come ready calabrated, so ive got another tempreture meter coming,ive another inside at minute but dont even know if thats right,there is a .2 differance so ime thinking my eggs have been a bit to cool leading to late hatch,or may not hatch.ive got some more eggs coming.Ime gona calabrate it properly befor next batch.Any help would be great.

I calibrated mine with both digital weather thermometers and kitchen thermometers. The one I found most accurate was a classic red liquid thermometer. It was intended to be used for keeping brooders at a safe temperature. It had a line for 99.7 degrees so I could tell when it was just right.

Remember to put the black wire that senses the temperature pointing straight down. It needs to be able to sense the temperature at egg level. It will always be warmer near the top. That's ok.

Another tip is to wrap a scarf around the incubator. The insulation keeps the temperature stable.

T.

Back
Top Bottom