Janoeli12

Coleen62

In the Brooder
Mar 5, 2018
Hi! I'm currently using this egg incubator. Have 9 eggs in. Does the red "work" light stay on all the time, or just flashes when the heater comes on?
Thanks

Hi! I'm currently using this egg incubator. Have 9 eggs in. Does the red "work" light stay on all the time, or just flashes when the heater comes on?
Thanks

Following...i have one also just got it past wedensday.. work light flashes a few times then turns solid then will shut off when at the right temp...its holding at 99.5 according to the thermometer in it right now and have developing duck eggs in it.

Have you had any trouble keeping the humidity at the correct temp? Right now I have it at 60%.

Have you had any trouble keeping the humidity at the correct temp? Right now I have it at 60%.

Holds both well...its at 99.5 reading in a thermometer I have inside, and it's running at 55% humidity according to 2 calibrated hydrometers inside of it, it's got pekin eggs in it.

Did you buy the calibrated hydrometers, or just using the one in the machine?

My Janoel 12 just works. I suggest turning yourself twice a day even if using the auto turn feature and buying a small thermometer/hydrometer. I love how easy it is to clean and the good hatch rates I get, but hate the instruction manual. Not english. My first incubator of this type was run all spring and summer for two years, then for a few hatches the third, then the fan failed. I'm on my second and don't regret it yet.

Good luck hope you get one that works better than mine it pooped out at 2 weeks
I wired in a new controller on its test run now
003.jpg

I am on day 7 with mine. I don’t trust the turning so I do turn them twice a day. And humidity is hard - I just read someone else used a small ice cube tray and filled a couple of the cubes and that gave more control. I have a wireless thermometer/hygrometer sensor in there with the eggs and I adjusted my temp to that. It seems to run a bit hot by about .5 degrees. I know I could calibrate it but it seems to be working. Here is one I just candled!

Attachments

• 041CB329-D628-47D4-8B65-B6E8A2687EA0.jpeg
    041CB329-D628-47D4-8B65-B6E8A2687EA0.jpeg
    341.9 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom