Jansen White Homing Pigeons

My grandfather passed in the late 80's.  One of the things he gave my dad was his flock on homers.  They are so graceful and everyone comments about them when they drive up to the farm for the first time.   We fly them often and take losses from hawks no and again but, like them out flying. 

I recently sold a bunch of them for around $4 a bird at our local Chickenstock... realized now I should've traded them as I want some new blood in there.   What should I be looking for to improve them?

I'd like to keep the "Jansen" blood in them. 

10091_006-1.jpg

10091_008.jpg

some little squeakers /img/smilies/tongue.png

10091_004.jpg

So adorable n makes me miss mine I had.
Just try not to let brother and sister mate, and bloodline will do better not outsourcing. Do you toss your birds farther and farther from short mile start?

I recently sold a bunch of them for around $4 a bird at our local Chickenstock... realized now I should've traded them as I want some new blood in there. What should I be looking for to improve them?
I'd like to keep the "Jansen" blood in them.
The Jansen blood line is to pigeons as Secretariatis to horse racing. At $4.ºº dollars a bird you were giving them away. They are worth 10 times that to anyone that knows pigeons. Countries, distance and borders are too much of a factor or you and I could definitely do business. Even triple that and more if they are seasoned racers and champions.

Last edited:
Yes $25-$50 if good sound homing blood kept up. Course if just were kept for show locked up n let siblings breed n not good homers only, then five to ten dollars each is fair price. I was getting $25 for squeaker, $100 for pair, of my German blood white racing homers.. And that's cheap.

Last edited:
They are pretty birds would love to start with some like that for my son he is 10. Is that possible to get a few..a Thanks William

Back
Top Bottom