January 1, 2011 Quail Hatch Along

Rozzie, if my birds were laying I'd gift some eggs to you, I always have more females than males in my hatches
smile.png

If I end up with all girls this time then I may take you up on that! I bet I have girls this time though. These came from good parent stock. I have no idea about the history of the roo batch's ancestry. It is why I am reluctant to breed those.

Make sure that your incubator is holding temp and humidity right, the 'rooster eggs' seem to be tougher than ones holding hens.

It seems whenever I have a lot of eggs lost during incubation the remaining eggs all hatch out males
hmm.png

frow.gif
I'm in. Planning to hatch a few buttons the middle of January.
love.gif
I find myself in need of a few more pairs of Buttons. My Coturnix should be laying by then so may need to test eggs for fertility!
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
Is there a forum here in BYC for "Hatchaholics Anonymous"?
th.gif

Quote:
THEN HOW COME YOU'RE DROWNING IN BUTTON BOYZ?
smile.png

Are you saying I'm lying?
sad.png

Because I always have more females than males in my coturnix hatches, we are talking about coturnix here, right?
hu.gif

Last edited:
JJMR794 wrote:

CHICKEN!

YOU SHOULD JUST ABOUT BE GETTING EGGS FROM YOUR NEW GROUP ALONG THIS TIME...

YOU KNOW IT................ It would be just my luck that I will have 100% hatch rate on 50 eggs and it will be one of the longest and coldest winters yet. And since we are in Florida and do not have basements I will have to put up with all those beautiful, STINKY, little fuzzball for for well over a month in my living room. My Hubby will just not be worth living with for that month.

Well now, you all had fun while I was gone, eh?

Forgive the hundred typos that probably appeared in my last post. I was on my phone and it's dang near impossible to press those tiny keys. I guess I was having BYC withdrawal.
wink.png

Hmmm. So that's who has the voodoo doll? Oh, boy...
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom