January 1, 2011 Quail Hatch Along

Buttercup Chillin

Songster
11 Years
Oct 27, 2008
SouthEast TX
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
:yaThat says it. I am going to set Coturnix eggs 12/15/2010 hopefully to hatch 1/1/2011. Because the last time I hatched it was day 17 for my setup.
celebrate.gif

Cause I want fluffy butts to bring in and call/ring in a New Year all nice and new little babies. For good luck and fun. And when I Lockdown this time I am going to move them next to the couch, so I can watch them and the Parade.
caf.gif
celebrate.gif

I am just going to set a few dozen eggs and see what I get, then my girls can take a few months vacation. We're going to shut down the egg factory on December 23rd this year.
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
ya.gif
celebrate.gif

edited to correct set date, sorry distracted with changing my avatar and guessing at the sizing.

Last edited:
I am hoping NOT to participate. If I participate, it means I got either 1) a bad hatch this week or 2) ALL BOYS AGAIN. Yes, I shouted that. (No, I still don't know about those last two out in the garage. Maybe you know what has frozen over and one of them will turn out to be a girl.)

However, if Dec 8 gets here and it looks like all boys again, then I'll have one of you rush me some eggs so I can play too. Of course, if that's the case, I'm also going to find out who is sticking pins in the voodoo doll this time.
wink.png

Hope you all have great chicks!

Quote:
Wow, you have coturnix that hatch in 10 days??
gig.gif
I think you need to re-figure your dates
smile.png

Oh, forgot to add....ARE YOU CRAZY!?!?!?! Don't you know how much those guys stink??
sickbyc.gif

Ok, so I was looking at day 7, lets back that up abit. Thanks Shelley. You had me scared I had little hatchaholics out there.

Ya, I know how much they stink, but a few dozen aren't many for me, not like my usual hatches. In an emergency I could use the garage for a week or 2 to broad a few (if its that cold, he won't be out there working). Depends on the weather. Dh is wanting to make some sliding easily removable insulated panels. For once his idea. That I can put up and take down easily for the quail area or just the brooder area. Depends on if he gets it done and that depends on how he feels. We'll take it as it comes and deal with it. It will work.

Rozzie, I told you you won't get girls tell next year. Might as well plan on joining.
lol.png
Here I'll do it for you.
smack.gif

I edited to blab about the stinkys and what to do with them. I have to really plan this out, cause these babies go outside weather permitting.

Last edited:
Quote:
Ah, but buttercup, these eggs came from way down south. So, I'm hoping that the little chicks inside don't understand that it's almost winter here.
wink.png

Oh, and edited to add: once is not enough.
smack.gif
smack.gif
smack.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom