January 1, 2011 Quail Hatch Along

Haven't read, will much later time. Letting you know.

My SIL and GD (Vanilla's lil mommy) were in a headon car accident yesterday. Both strapped in, Car totaled. Will be ok, hope . But that is were my mind is right now. If I am here I will set eggs the 15th. May have to hire someone to care for my flock.

Oh, no!
sad.png

Best wishes from my family to yours, Buttercup!!

Bryan

Quote:
Oh my! I hope they will be okay. Take care of your family. You might post a call for help here on the boards. Maybe there is someone local who knows poultry and can help for a while.

Quote:
Oh my! I hope they will be okay. Take care of your family. You might post a call for help here on the boards. Maybe there is someone local who knows poultry and can help for a while.

If you lived closer I would help out...hopefully things will work out.

SIL and GD are OK. I am going to find out what kid seat she was in and go buy another one or two and gift them. She wanted to go to school today. Dad stayed home, Ok, but still sore. Going to try to go to work tomorrow, so their OK. I hate not being right there and knowing, instantly what is going on.

SO
Hatch is for any bird. My Muscovy started setting today for a Xmas hatch, looks like. So even Snow White is in, just a little early. Coturnix, Buttons, Bobwhite, chickens, ducks - what ya got and want to hatch 1/1/11. Because those numbers aren't going to come around for 1000 years. I am pretty sure I won't be here then.
lol.png
Seriously, PeeWee that's why I am just going to hatch 2 dozen and not 100, if I have to have them in the house for 2 weeks, that I should be able to handle.

Shelley is the voodoo gal? Really? Well, Ok either she or Rozzie smacking me around a few threads back hexed me. 17 Manchuiran Golden 2 week babies. I might have 2 females. Now tell me that is not being hexed. I was so disgusted I didn't even bother to look at the Browns.

Now I am trying to grow them a bit larger, right. So these 5 week olds, I have had on P. GB Startena from day 1. Eggs before they are 6 weeks. What gives? Waite a minute I think they started laying when Rozzie triple smacked me. I am going to check on that. They started laying 3 afternoons ago.

I set some African Harlequin Eggs from my pairs, button quail, Coturnix, have chicken in the incubators, waiting for a few shipments to arrive for new blood, lots of babies for 1/1/11
tongue.png

Maybe this wasn't a good idea after all. First thing ya know, someone is going to say they are setting those Chinese Bamboo Partridge eggs, I think they are Partidges, and I am going to be drooling.
droolin.gif
So Pretty.
droolin.gif

Quote:
NAH THEY'RE OUT OF SEASON, AS IS MOST OF THE REALLY PRETTY EXOTIC STUFF, SO YOU'RE SAFE FOR NOW. I WILL SET RING NECK EGGS IF THE GIRLS ARE STILL LAYING, MAYBE MALLARD EGGS? JUST HAVE TO SEE WHO'S PRODUCING THEN...

Back
Top Bottom