Plantasmagoria

Chirping
Jan 15, 2024
Northern NJ
Hi there! I'm new to quail and starting a micro homestead. I'm starting off with coturnix quail and buttons, and plan to be selling eggs only right now for hatching and eating. I'm filling out all the paperwork and government stuff but I am stuck on prices. I've looked through the threads and there was a good one from 2017 and last year of 2023. But I'm wondering if some of you can list what you sell your eggs or about what you recommend for for hatching and eating? I was thinking of just making it easy at first and doing a dollar for each hatching egg (coturnix) and 1.50 each for eating eggs. And I'm really not sure about the button eggs. Any advice would be appreciative!

By the way I have owned a variety of different animals but bird people have always been so awesome. I always had tropical birds so I know bird hoomans :lau but now I'm trying quail and hopefully chickens one day. This place is so supportive and helpful so thank you everyone!

It really, really depends on where you're at. I would check your local craiglist to see if there are people selling there and what they're selling for.

In SuperExpensiveLand where I used to live, it was $7/dozen for eating eggs and $15/dozen for hatching eggs. In my new location it's $5/dozen for eating eggs and still $15/dozen for hatching eggs.

I was thinking of just making it easy at first and doing a dollar for each hatching egg (coturnix) and 1.50 each for eating eggs.
A Doller for Quail hatching eggs is pretty much top dollar for hatching eggs and eggs for eating go for about half that. eating eggs are always less than hatching eggs. But you would need to see what price and demand is in your area.

It really, really depends on where you're at. I would check your local craiglist to see if there are people selling there and what they're selling for.

In SuperExpensiveLand where I used to live, it was $7/dozen for eating eggs and $15/dozen for hatching eggs. In my new location it's $5/dozen for eating eggs and still $15/dozen for hatching eggs.
I'm in northern NJ where apparently finding a live button quail and eggs is tougher than finding the Holy Grail 😂 It's also super expensive here for everything!

Back
Top Bottom