January 2017 Hatch-a-long

What should I do!!!!! My eggs are now on day 22 I had some hard times with the incubator and now I pulled and egg out to see if it was still alive and it was it was moving !! So should I leave them a while longer or give up?????
Leave them in!!! I have had chicks hatch on day 23 and 24. Next time you hatch bump up your temp a little bit. Late hatches like this mean that your temps might have been a bit too low.

Good luck!!!!!

5 out so far (1 not pictured)

And 10 puppies out :)

Sooooo cute. What breed are the puppies?

The end tally on my hatch of Jan 1 & 2 is a total of 18, 9 bantam and 9 EE/Maran Clive egger. I set 25 eggs and ended up with almost a 70% hatch rate, I think it isn't bad for a second hatch, my first hatch was barely 50%! The EE crosses were shipped eggs. I am really happy with the hatch and the chicks just are sooo cute. I hope all January hatches are great, good luck and happy hatching to all. I'll post some pics soon!.
That is great! Congratulations on a good hatch.
thumbsup.gif

I have 13 chicks out now. Day 21 was yesterday but I did a staggered hatch and also have eggs on day 20. So we'll see what happens. So far I'm not too happy with this hatch. None of the Gamefowl or Bielefelders have even pipped and of the 13 that hatched I originally set 27.

Hi All,
I set 45 Sizzle eggs (from Sheri Minkner @country) on Jan 4th. I am so excited! She always sends over and above the actual dozen ordered! I requested she pick a grab bag for me of varying colors and regular vs showgirl. She never fails to deliver! Her eggs arrived in perfect packing and I can't wait for the big reveal!
Coincidentally Hatch Day is my daughter's 15th birthday. We are both over the moon! : )
Anyway, 7-day fertility candling is coming up soon. So much fun!
I am hatching in a hovabator forced air w/ temp and humidity monitor.
Fingers crossed!

Back
Top Bottom