January Hatch-a-long 2018

Oh no! Be careful Kenny. I had one slip as I was putting my new eggs in a carton as I was unwrapping today, caught myself. That very thought came to me, wow, I've not ever dropped an egg and broken it. I've been turning eggs, and have one slip, but it was just a couple of inches from the tray as I turned. Still, didn't like the thought of it banging down to hard. It happens though. I'm now going to go knock on wood. :hmm

Do you get the quail for meat, pleasure, or business? Or none of the above? lol

Started out as a few for some eggs. Then ate some of them liked them so now meat.

But there is a decent market of people wanting them so sell quite a few on the side now.

So I guess all the options over time.

I am on day 22 of shipped eggs. This is my first incubator hatch. I had them on 95.9 instead of 99.5 the second week. I was candling them and I took out the ones that didn't develop and one that cracked. On day 18, I had 5 viable eggs. Then I had an incubator spike to 104. I was trying to get the temp up after adding water, and I was checking every 15 minutes for 6 hours, then I got distracted for an hour, came back, and it was 104. I opened the lid until it went down to 99.9, and it's been there with over 65% humidity but no pips or movement or cheeps. Did I kill them?

I am on day 22 of shipped eggs. This is my first incubator hatch. I had them on 95.9 instead of 99.5 the second week. I was candling them and I took out the ones that didn't develop and one that cracked. On day 18, I had 5 viable eggs. Then I had an incubator spike to 104. I was trying to get the temp up after adding water, and I was checking every 15 minutes for 6 hours, then I got distracted for an hour, came back, and it was 104. I opened the lid until it went down to 99.9, and it's been there with over 65% humidity but no pips or movement or cheeps. Did I kill them?

There is definitely still hope! I've read about some crazy high temp spikes, like 108 for an unknown length of time, and chicks still hatched. Don't give up yet.

Back
Top Bottom