Japanese Bantam Thread!

Pics
Hello all. I'm looking for some hatching eggs from short legged grays. If anyone has anything, please let me know....OR if anyone has a short legged pullet or hen, or two, they would be willing to sell??? Thanks!

ETA - would also be interested in eggs from blacks that have nice yellow legs...

Last edited:
Here they are a few day older. So hard to get a pic as the mums keep moving in front of the chicks!

I am new to Japanese Bantams, I know absolutely nothing about the breed but I'm trying to keep up with this topic and read as much as I can.
smile.png
And some day, when we have the space, I'd like to get two or three of these for myself. I'd love a blue hen for sure.
big_smile.png

Question is.
Is there a reason why the Japanese Bantams carry their wings low like these birds do in these pictures? The wing tips are pointed towards the ground?

I have a pair of Black Brested Red and they hatched some chicks. They are older and feathered in now and I wanted to see what y'all think of the chicks.
Are they (the two in the pic) keepers for show hopefuls? Sorry not a better picture of the legs. These are my first bantams ever and I have really fallen for this breed.
Thanks for any info on them.

This hen will be 1 year on Oct 3 this year. When she was younger I thought she was a splash. Now that she is older ther is considerable more black. Anyone able to help identify the color. Out of a Grey rooster and a Grey or Black hen.

This was her as a chick. She had one black speck on her head as a chick.

Back
Top Bottom