Japanese Bantam Thread!

O yay I should have no trouble finding those when it comes time - I have all brown layer & two that lay a creamy pinkish brown egg...then blues & greens when the EEs start

Thanks so much! The picture really helps out w/ the size/color

Waiting for the first egg from each hen gets old but @ the same time it never gets old!
barnie.gif
celebrate.gif
getting a hold of that 1st egg makes all the waiting worth it :)
I know. I have an EE that is I think 34 weeks old now and has yet to lay her first egg. I'm so tired of waiting, but it's going to be so nice to finally see that whatever color egg in the coop, lol.

I know. I have an EE that is I think 34 weeks old now and has yet to lay her first egg. I'm so tired of waiting, but it's going to be so nice to finally see that whatever color egg in the coop, lol.
Agh I know the feeling lol. I have 1 EE left to lay and she is going on 40weeks old.

A few of my birds. Comments welcome. Feather quality is pretty poor right now and the young grey cock wouldnt pose for me.

Last edited:
I thought I would update pics of my JBs since they change so much as they age. They are now 16/17 weeks old. 3 Roosters 1 Pullet. I know they are not show quality though

Hello all,

I am new to this thread, and I am very pleased with what I have learned from you guys. I have been an avid fan of these bantams ever since I was a kid.
I am currently in Dubai right now but will go back to my home country, Philippines soon.
Bantams are very popular in my country, however, they don't have these fairs/shows like you have in the US, but from what I know we only have clubs/ groups of avid breeders.

My question is, do any of you ship bantams or bantam eggs to my country? I would like to start with new and quality breeds when I go home. Thank you all in advance.
smile.png

I am in Thailand and here we seem to have many more colours of the Japanese bantam than in America. Where I live we even have barred ones and some with hackle feather white, and body buff.

I think you should find many good Japanese Bantams in your country because I know they are keep on the breed there too.

There are many restrictions to importing chickens and eggs in many countries, making it very difficult to get new stock. There are many colors here in the United States that you don't see very much because most people breed only the colors recognized by the American Poultry Association. If a color is popular enough, and a lot of people are showing it, it can become recognized by the APA through an application process. The last one admitted was the new Blue Tailed White.

Back
Top Bottom