Japanese Bantam Thread!

Believe it or not ya and it is really cool to watch. I was scared at first when it hatched but now that she is feathering out she is starting to get black color. They start like this. This is what that chick came from and what it will look like. I have looked all over and talked to breeders and that is what they are suppose to look like. This came from a really good breeder and that is who I called when that chick hatch because I thought she had a mixed flock. She was right the chick is turning black with white spots just like these.
So cool I'm glad I learned this now or when mine hatched I would have freaked out lol

lol photo shop XD
lau.gif

Here are some pics from this morning - I'll take some better ones when when they are getting ready for bed - The person I got them from had different colors together - blacks BTW & maybe buff ones as well?? 4 roos & 4 pullets - any ideas one what colors the chicks might be? or do you think they will kind of be mix matched & not really a specific coloring - like my big guys here
Some of the pullets have really tan wing feathers that show when they are opened up, 2 roos have pencil tipping??? black dots on the end of the neck feathers -& Strut, the man in the back of the 2nd photo is a 2 toned one - Ha he kinda of looks like a walking oreo in that pic!

Here are some pics from this morning - I'll take some better ones when when they are getting ready for bed - The person I got them from had different colors together - blacks BTW & maybe buff ones as well?? 4 roos & 4 pullets - any ideas one what colors the chicks might be? or do you think they will kind of be mix matched & not really a specific coloring - like my big guys here
Some of the pullets have really tan wing feathers that show when they are opened up, 2 roos have pencil tipping??? black dots on the end of the neck feathers -& Strut, the man in the back of the 2nd photo is a 2 toned one - Ha he kinda of looks like a walking oreo in that pic!

So cute! I like all the different colors. Did you JB eggs ever hatch?

I cant remember if I posted these pics of my Japanese but ere are a few updated pics taken last month. (just went back and looked through the images and I did post them already sorry for the repost)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom