Japanese Bantam Thread!

How beautiful they are. I grew up with the one in the middle in my Great Grand Father's Bible. He was a preacher from Dalton Ga. Great Grand Father started the Popular Springs Baptist Church. He was from England and he was related the husband of Maddy Dancler. I had a cousin on the Ga Supreme Court who died a few years back.

One of my white Japanese just had two eggs hatch
ya.gif
then simply quit sitting the remainder of her eggs which were cold by the time we got up this morning
hit.gif
Ah well two is better than none. I have 6 4 day old cochin chicks with no momma do you think she would take them in? I don't mind hand raising them but it so much fun watching them grow up with mom.

One of my white Japanese just had two eggs hatch
ya.gif
then simply quit sitting the remainder of her eggs which were cold by the time we got up this morning
hit.gif
Ah well two is better than none. I have 6 4 day old cochin chicks with no momma do you think she would take them in? I don't mind hand raising them but it so much fun watching them grow up with mom.

Lucky. Guess that's what I need to have small, tiny eggs hatch..a broody mom..a friend gave me some very small Serama eggs..two started, then quit. :( I was looking forward to another small chick for my Japanese. Oh well. She is finally the same size as one of my hatched chicks! The little bantam NN that hatched. Will have to get a photo. They are cute together, I know the NN bantam will be bigger than her soon.

She may even be a bit taller, I think she is telling the NN that she is.

They both fit in my hand.

I have been noticing a difference in her size. And, her feathering, she has a tiny tail now. :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom