Japanese Bantam Thread!

Thank you all for your suggestions :) It's so hard to tell at this stage. I wish the lady I bought them from hadn't been misinformed about the breed. It doesn't technically matter to me, but I'm extremely curious! Guess I'll just have to wait a while longer and see what characteristics develop.

Hey all my local place for chickens is getting an order of Japanese Bantam chicks in. I currently have 1 black tale white hen, one black tail buff roo, and one black roo, (We have another 40+ hens of other breeds)

I want to know a few things as I love this breed.

1. Anyway to tell the sex of the chick (Even if its just a good guess)
2. how will I tell the color of the chick as to what it will be as an adult (The breeder keeps all the birds separated but once they get shipped they are being shipped together as an assortment so no way to say for sure what each one will be) I want to pick out grays, BTW, mottled, whites and buffs oh and blacks. But I want to be sure of what im getting. I plan to buy about 14-17 of them and my wife will be getting her silkies about 14.

Please help me i know they are japanese bantam but what spec and sex if you can see i am new 1st chicks ever...

bruno

I found out that chicken chicks are crazy about salad they walk and fly around stealing each others piece
ya.gif

Please help me i know they are japanese bantam but what spec and sex if you can see i am new 1st chicks ever...

bruno

Looks like you have 2 cockerels: a Black Tailed White & a Black Tailes Buff. For more bad news they're alse too long legged. For someone interested in breeding Japanese Bantams they would be culls.

Back
Top Bottom