Japanese Bantam Thread!

the chicks were stuck in their egg ones membrane was half openeing but rock stiff solid and another was sticky like glue i tried to help them by cracking the top part of and they did the rest one is sticky and the other is kinda like that today do to temps outside the eggs humidity went up and down like crazy temp did so aswell i dont think anymore will hatch. What should i do with the sticky chick and what shoud i do about the other one.
kEEP THE CHICKS MOIST IF THERE IS STILL EGGSHELL STUCK TO THEM,,I drop water that is warm or you could put warm wet paper towls around them to keep it moist until the egg complete removes. Yes they do get stuck and its ok if you need to help alittle..Hope all goes well
thumbsup.gif

all is well for the 3 chicks they all are jumpy and cute in the brooder and it seems they dry faster outside the incubator the black one was washed blow dried then put in the brooder and is a little cute energetic ball the other one that was flipped is ok but its bleeding from one of its wings what should i do the blood seems still wet and sometimes theyd get tired and fall on their behinds the bedding is aspen.Also there is more pipping in the incubator yay but their a problem wont bacteria grow from the other chicks that hatched i took out whatever debris i could and their is still duck eggs inside aswell they are still turning will this affect them in anyway when should i sterilize.what should i do about the one thats bleeding.

all is well for the 3 chicks they all are jumpy and cute in the brooder and it seems they dry faster outside the incubator the black one was washed blow dried then put in the brooder and is a little cute energetic ball the other one that was flipped is ok but its bleeding from one of its wings what should i do the blood seems still wet and sometimes theyd get tired and fall on their behinds the bedding is aspen.Also there is more pipping in the incubator yay but their a problem wont bacteria grow from the other chicks that hatched i took out whatever debris i could and their is still duck eggs inside aswell they are still turning will this affect them in anyway when should i sterilize.what should i do about the one thats bleeding.
They should be fine,,,wait until all eggs are done 24 to 25 day is pushing it,,maybe just keep and eye out and do the ole nose test,,,smell the egg or eggs .They will stink I am told If they are bad....Your doing great....
thumbsup.gif

a chick hatched and it is green in it rear end its abnormal green its under the skin its cord is gone and yolk is too but this green tint under its skin what is it! and how do i heal the one that bleeding i put flour!

Ok, Finally got time to take some pictures of them! This is the one with the most white which I believe is my favorite!! I cant wait to see what they end up to look like!!
Congratulations! They are gorgeous! I'm not a chicken breeder or anything but if there are any grandparents, ect that are anything but black then yes you could get some throw back genes from them. Your birds can be solid black but carry a gene causing the babies to be mixed. Did they come from the same breeder?

Congratulations! They are gorgeous! I'm not a chicken breeder or anything but if there are any grandparents, ect that are anything but black then yes you could get some throw back genes from them. Your birds can be solid black but carry a gene causing the babies to be mixed. Did they come from the same breeder?
Aww, thank u so much! I figured thats what happened. Yes, I did get them from the same breeder but he said he got them from a hatchery but that was the only ones he ordered were the Black Japanese. I hear that hatcheries dont have the best quality chickens but thats not y I have them not for the quality anyhow. I don't show them or anything I just like to show them off..lol.. I have them cause I enjoy them and my kids LOVE to gather eggs! I cant wait to see what the 1 in the 1st pic. will end up looking like! So, If all their babies come out with some kinda white on them what would I say they were?? The guy also asked if I would hold 12 egg so he can hatch and I dont want him thinking I switched eggs on him..lol! He is family so...hopefully he believes me!!

a chick hatched and it is green in it rear end its abnormal green its under the skin its cord is gone and yolk is too but this green tint under its skin what is it! and how do i heal the one that bleeding i put flour!
I've had some come out like that. I think its where their skin is thin. I haven't had any problems out of them though. They ended up being ok! Id just keep an eye on it and see what happens. U can try antibiotic ointment on the 1 that was bleeding that what I use and usually it heals nice!! Is it still bleeding and do u know why its bleeding??

when it was in its egg it already made a huge hole but one of the already hatched chicks made the hole face the wire and i guess it got scratched. Poor thing what should i use and were may i find it.also one was dead in its shell its its 3 2 days past hatch date how many more may hatch.I see no movement should i leave them. I also need to sterilize their are duck eggs in there. The hatch date was mamorial day may anymore hatch?
Aw, poor little thing. I wish there was an easy way to keep them from knocking the other eggs around. I always use whatever is around the house. Im not sure how to stop the bleeding but u can keep it from getting infected by using peroxide then some Triple Antibiotic Ointment like Neosporin and maybe some Liquid Skin on it. U can buy all that in the same place u buy band-aides. That may even stop the bleeding?! I've never had to do that to a chick but it helped w/ my adult chickens. When I incubate I always try to wait till day 24. That gives them an extra 3 days, just to be on the safe side!! Id give it till Thurs. unless u are certain they are dead then throw the out.

Back
Top Bottom