Japanese Bantam Thread!

Alrighty, these are my little guys (or gals!) two white black-tailed Japanese and a silver sebright? I included the last one for a size reference. It's probably to early to tell anything, but wondering if they might be show worthy one day

Too soon to tell anything about the Sebright but the Japs are way too long legged. Their body type doesn't look too good either.

Can anyone tell me if this is a hen or a roo? Its my only one so none to compare to. It was supposed to be a pullet but we all know thats never a guarentee
wink.png

Not a hen, don't know what a roo is but the bird pictured is a cockerel.

I got them at a chicken swap at a Tractor Supply Store parking lot, Kearney, NE. They were kind of an impulse buy, I had no idea there was a swap going on. I just really wanted to replace my bantams that I lost last year and was interested in Japanese, I always thought they looked really cool. The same with the sebright. Being able to show was more of an after thought. NYREDS, What do you see about their body type that is not good? Could it just be the way it's standing in the picture? He was crouching down a little bit, a little unsure about being on the window sill I think.

They are so cute and will make lovely pets.

But the Japanese will not be show quality.

Its legs are too long - very long......you can hardly see the legs of a show quality chick.....it just looks like they have feed stuck to their body lol.

Also the body shape is wrong. Its too long on its back. Even at that age they should be very squat, have a short back, and the head the tail should point up live a V shape.

They look very healthy and I am sure you will love them!

They are so cute and will make lovely pets.

But the Japanese will not be show quality.

Its legs are too long - very long......you can hardly see the legs of a show quality chick.....it just looks like they have feed stuck to their body lol.

Also the body shape is wrong. Its too long on its back. Even at that age they should be very squat, have a short back, and the head the tail should point up live a V shape.

They look very healthy and I am sure you will love them!
Thanks! I got them purposefully for snuggling, although right now I think they are less thrilled with that idea.

Back
Top Bottom