Japanese Bantam Thread!

Pics
Here are some of my Japs that I hatched from eggs sent in the mail..... the cockrel is 3 1/2 months old and the pullets are about 5 months.
48408_jap_bantams_004.jpg

48408_jap_bantams_012.jpg

48408_jap_bantams_019.jpg

48408_pied_ducks_and_ducklings_034.jpg

48408_jap_bantams_029.jpg

Thanks mrs fluffy..... the cockrel is a blue birchen, the first pullet is a birchin, and the second pullet is a blue birchen (supposed to be anyway)

a newbie question, is a white jap longtail phoneix a bantam or standard sized for chicken, and what about where they originate, would they be a bantam there or a standard?

Sorry, I don't know anything about phoenix, that's a totally different breed.

Decided to put up pics of a few more of my birds. Please forgive, some of them are molting.

10901_3_hensweb.jpg

10901_ombtwwev.jpg

10901_rooster_2web.jpg

10901_rooster_3web.jpg

jenjscott! Is that all the same rooster? Or different roosters? hes purty
big_smile.png
I'm just starting to understand whats desirable in the japanese bantam as far as breed standrd goes, but hes pretty good isn't he?

Those are 3 different roosters. They are pretty good. Any one could throw the next Best of Breed, but I'm betting on number one, or this guy, whom I showed earlier in the thread.

btwroo4 by jenjscott, on Flickr

Last edited:
Wow
ep.gif
I just learned a lot on this thread. My husband and I have BTW's and had no idea about the legs. I'm going to go out, look and compare our's to see what we have. I'm so happy that I came across this thread, because my husband and I decided just yesterday that we wanted to start showing our birds. Which leads to other questions but I'm going to keep looking at all the threads to see if my questions can be answered. We want to show several breeds so hopefully I can find info on everyone!! Awesome info from everyone who posted on here..ya'll helped us out a bunch!!
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom