Japanese Bantam Thread!

Pics
I have never had any luck trying to let a hen set in the coop with the other hens. The only successful ones were when I took her and her eggs and put them in a separate cage/crate/pen or something, by themselves. You can even put her in a pet taxi in the coop, with food and water and she will do fine. You just got to clean out those big broody poops.

Anyone have Barred Japanese Bantams? I bought 2 pairs of them last Tuesday night. I'll post pictures tomorrow night if I'm not to tired from work.
smile.png

Last edited:
I guess I should have mentioned my silkie did the brooding!
lol.png
This one was seperated from the coop because I have another broody silkie in the coop... and those two steal each others eggs and it becomes a terrible mess with low hatch rate
he.gif
So I have to move them away from each other with their own chicks to raise. Once the chicks hatch from both clutches... I put them all back in the silkie coop. The roo doesn't bother anyone!
thumbsup.gif

My nine day olds - i call them the "Lollipop Kids"
One has some tall legs BUT i think they ar ecute lil guys - two black tailed whites and one looks to be a full white !

65521_lollipop_kids.jpg

Do these look like Jap BTW chicks? They are about 10 days old and have grayish on their wings. They are still yellow chicks. Hatchery stock from Orschelns. Thank you.

71354_larger_chick.jpg

71354_both_chicks.jpg

Back
Top Bottom