Japanese Bantam Thread

oh and NY REDS the reason I said its hard to tell is because I like to find the facts In my copy of the ABA standard of perfection first before I speak in absolute.

that and I was avoiding offending Chickenlover20 in any way.

Here are some of my latest pics
her legs are 3/5in long

her legs are 2/3in long maby less

his legs are a bit long though
roll.png

Last edited:
I'm an APA Judge not an ABA Judge so didn't check the ABA Standard. Yes, Silver Duckwings do appear in that Standard but there are a number of varieties & even breeds in the ABA Standard that are in the book but are never seen in a show as they don't really exist. Seen any Black Giant Bantams lately?
There you go with your award winning Black tailed Buff again. Have you tried showing her where there's some actual competition yet or are you happy with your only one in the show BV? Her legs are still too long & still the wrong colour. I don't understand why you keep prestening yourself as a Japanese Bantam expert when you clearly don't know the breed. Your Black Male looks more like a Leghorn than a Jap.

Chickenlover 20 didn't seem offended by my comment. He may have actually looking for information.

r devries no she dosnt thank fully she has 5 points

and Westguy no sadly i do not have breeding male for her but she has won BV at the VBPA show
smile.png

But she is from a hatchery.
hit.gif

Last edited:
NY REDS did I ever say I am a expert? no. and did I ever say my JBs are the best or even show quality? no. And I have yet to find a compediter for my BTB JB.

I am just happy for the accomplishments she has done considering shes from a hatchery.

I am geting some breeder quality gray JBs and some Black/Blue Sumatras.

And I mean this with the utmost respect.
wink.png

Last edited:
NY REDS did I ever say I am a expert? no. and did I ever say my JBs are the best or even show quality? no. And I have yet to find a compediter for my BTB JB.

I am just happy for the accomplishments she has done considering shes from a hatchery.

I am geting some breeder quality gray JBs and some Black/Blue Sumatras.

And I mean this with the utmost respect.
wink.png

When a bird is the only one in the class & wins BV what has it really accomplished? Especially when the bird should have been disqualified. Black Tailed Buff Japanese Bantams should have yellow legs, yours has slate legs; that's a disqualification & the Judge who placed her should be ashamed of him/her self [unless of course it was a Fair show w/o a licensed Judge].

Back
Top Bottom