japanese bantam

nicholaschickens

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jul 30, 2010
hello
i have had a bit of trouble of the past couple of days i was hatching chicks and sadly the dog got in this morning and killed them
sad.png
but i was hatching them for this bantam i have got (the same breed) they are japanese bantams but the owners have said that they it was a cockerel but he looks more like a hen because he has small wattles and he hasn't got a tail like other cockreles its more like a hen and he is ten weeks old can anyone help.?
hmm.png

well i have just found out that it is a girl becuse i have two other japanese bantams a boy and a girl and the cockerel tyed to mate the other japanese bantam that i thought was a boy but also she i nearly 11 weeks old what age should i start to tranfere her over to layers pellets because it say that in my book that they are P.O.L at 16 to 20 weeks so should i start to transfere her over now or what because she is i think fully grown because she i the same size as the other one i have got and she is in lay so what do i do can someone help me please and when do you think i could put her in with the balck ones because she seen them today do you think that i shoe gradually let them see eachother and gradually put her on layers pellets aswell and after a week put her in with the others for good.
D.gif
barnie.gif
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom