1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Japanese (chabo) Thread

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by bemba, Sep 28, 2010.

1. bemba

bemba Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2010
    Mary Valley QLD.
    My Japs are just starting to mature now..... they have come a long way from the eggs I got in the mail LOL. Would love to see other breeders pics, and also what they think of mine (if SQ) Cheers.
    This is little man..... He is a blue birchin, not 4 months yet.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And these are 2 of my pullets
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Louieandthecrew

Louieandthecrew I am actually a female!

They are so cute!!! This is my old Jap boy. He was a pute white Japanese. I had to sell him last year because I had three roos with only three hens! Way to many! (His name is Speedy)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This is my Black Jap [​IMG] I sold him to the same people that I sold my white one. (Not a very good picture of him.) (This is Jumper by the way.)
    [​IMG]
    And this is Cori Rose (Cori Roosevelt [​IMG]). he isn't a ful Japanese but his father was Speedy and his mother was a beautiful mini black Cochin hen. Pretty pretty!!!
    Chick - [​IMG]
    Two or three months old - [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (From the back) [​IMG]
    Now (Five months old) - [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The End!!!

3. NYREDS

NYREDS Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2008
    Quote:The male appears leggy, the first pullet is too dark & is over laced but the 2nd pullet is lovely though her tail needs to be a bit longer. I am of course referencing American standards. I'm not familiar with Australian standards.

4. bemba

bemba Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2010
    Mary Valley QLD.
    Thanks for the compliments and the pics Louie, and thanks for the input Ny [​IMG]

5. Louieandthecrew

Louieandthecrew I am actually a female!

No problem!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by