Japanese Coturnix Quail... in space!

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Whitehouse Quail, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Whitehouse Quail

Whitehouse Quail Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    Michigan
    Original article: http://www.space.savba.sk/COSPAR.htm

[​IMG] Ivan Bella and a Coturnix chick in space

- for the first time the quails hatched under conditions of the real space flight returned back to Earth, that enabled to reach the new contribution to the knowledge of the birds adaptation to microgravity,

- for the first time the incubation of the quail eggs that underwent two thirds of embryonic development on Earth was accomplished in the space with 64,3 % hatchability,

- for the first time the quail chicks were during the first days of the postembryonic development in various conditions microgravity and artificial gravity.

Just something cool I found while googling. [​IMG]

2. HartHomestead

HartHomestead New Egg

Apr 4, 2011
    Thats so amazing! Thanks for sharing!

3. jespere

jespere Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2008
    very interesting!! Thanks!!

4. millebantam

millebantam Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 24, 2008
    Little Rhody
    NEWSFLASH: Moscow 4/5/11

Russian cosmonaut Ivan Bella, the worlds first quail farmer in space, claims to have developed 2lb Coturnix quail in 9 days under weightless conditions. "These quail, they grow strong like bull and fat like Russian woman on bacon and jelly diet." says Bella. Asked if he has come up with a name for his creations, Bella answered, " I call them Siberian A&M Big Boys, and they 100% white meat". When asked what his future plans are for quail farming, Bella said, "My next project is to raise quail on vacant farm on Chernobyl nuclear accident site. My uncle Vladmir raise chickens there, and they big like ostrich and have four drumstick. My Big Boys will put to shame American Jumbo 1 lb quail that American quail farmers tell big bullshtang lies about."

Film at 11.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by