Japanese jumbo quail colour questions

So is autumn amber just a roux crossed with an Italian? Because this chicks siblings (I assume) also include Italians. The different patterns and breeing really interest me :)
And if you breed a Pharaoh with an Italian will you just get some Italian, some Pharaoh and whatever else is in their genes, or will the chicks be darker/lighter shade of those colours? Sorry if this is a silly question, I'm very new to all this 😀

So is autumn amber just a roux crossed with an Italian? Because this chicks siblings (I assume) also include Italians. The different patterns and breeing really interest me :)
And if you breed a Pharaoh with an Italian will you just get some Italian, some Pharaoh and whatever else is in their genes, or will the chicks be darker/lighter shade of those colours? Sorry if this is a silly question, I'm very new to all this 😀
The color genes and pattern genes are separate, so autumn amber is roux color with fawn (Italian) pattern. Italian is incompletely dominant to wild (pharaoh). Generally a bird with one copy of fawn is italian and 2 copies is manchurian. However there will be differences in the way the bird looks based on what the other pattern they are carrying is. So a bird with 1 fawn and 1 wild (pharaoh) will look different than a bird with 1fawn and 1 range (tibetan/red range/ extended brown). Now seeing how fawn acts when you cross a bird that is fawn with a wild or range, you will get a spectrum of chicks ranging from one pattern to the other with more or less influence of fawn. Many of the pattern and color genes in quail are incompletely dominant so you get a lot of variation in the expression of those traits.

Back
Top Bottom