Java Green peafowl questions

Ok yall sos need help my peacock Indian blue had been breeding with my amercona chicken her eggs are larger then befor and have clearly been fertilized when I crack one open to eat it ,now my blk sholder peahen has layed 4 eggs in the dead of winter and they all will not let me get close enuf to stop her from this odd mix ,has any one ever seen a peacock chick mix? Also will the peachicks be ok in the winter I have heat lamps on her but all of them go on attack mode when I go in the house... help.

There has been quite a bit of debate on the subject of Pea/turkey, Pea/chicken, and Pea/guinea cross breeds. Seems it is possible, but generally unlikely, most eggs will quit before hatching or offspring will not live long if they do hatch. Occasionally we see a picture that is a supposed cross that has reached adulthood, but I think all have been sterile. As for the BS hen who has laid 4 eggs, who do you think is fertilizing those? Several other members have hens that are confused and are currently laying, but so far I have not heard if any of these eggs are developing. You are in TX if chicks would hatch, I would think they would be okay with a momma hen and a heat lamp to keep them warm.

The 4 eggs are either java greens and my older hen took over the nest..cuse that nest was the chickens but my bk sholder stole the nest and laid one egg then I found three other eggs in a different Nastso I just pick them up and put them in the nest and now she's sitting on the chicken eggs her eggs and I believe Java green eggs..

The 4 eggs are either java greens and my older hen took over the nest..cuse that nest was the chickens but my bk sholder stole the nest and laid one egg then I found three other eggs in a different Nastso I just pick them up and put them in the nest and now she's sitting on the chicken eggs her eggs and I believe Java green eggs..

That's quite an "egg salad" she's sitting on!
wink.png
I am really thinking that most of the eggs are probably not fertile, it's just not the right time of year for that, and I know 2 other members incubated some only to find they were not fertile. But there is probably no harm in letting her sit on them and stranger things have happened. Good luck with them!

You think I saw him breeding with them... all of them..?

Not sure I understand? I don't know if you saw any of them breeding, besides the one IB you said was breeding your chicken hen. But even if the Peacocks are breeding they may not be fertile during this time of year. I think Garden Peas has seen her's breeding and her hen has laid like 12 eggs now, but so far I think they have been clears.

The IB was breeding with them all like 3 months ago and I dont have a roster so he has mounded ech of them my JG hen my Amcona hen and BS hen so im not sure whats going to happen I was just trying to get some information some insight. Thanks for your help.
[/quote]

The IB was breeding with them all like 3 months ago and I dont have a roster so he has mounded ech of them my JG hen my Amcona hen and BS hen so im not sure whats going to happen I was just trying to get some information some insight. Thanks for your help.
[/QUOTE]

Okay, got it now. So the IB has been a busy boy. Maybe he will beat the odds and be fertile, but I doubt it would be the chicken eggs that hatch.

Have you ever heard of one that has made it ? That would be the chick peacock mix ? The eggs I just go close to themm they are all heavy but I was not able to do a light test so I know that the density in the egg, has changed it feels more firm and we are going on 25 days so I should know in another five to 8 days mayb she got off them for the frist time and i let her eat alot of Philadelphia cream cheese they love that then her and java went back to the nest... the eggs are moved well she is much better in the winter. Then the summer. Also why is my JG hen and BS hen showing their display like males.He was showing off and then all 3 started, its been going on for some time? If any one has any idea why plz let me know.

Have you ever heard of one that has made it ? That would be the chick peacock mix ? The eggs I just go close to themm they are all heavy but I was not able to do a light test so I know that the density in the egg, has changed it feels more firm and we are going on 25 days so I should know in another five to 8 days mayb she got off them for the frist time and i let her eat alot of Philadelphia cream cheese they love that then her and java went back to the nest... the eggs are moved well she is much better in the winter. Then the summer. Also why is my JG hen and BS hen showing their display like males.He was showing off and then all 3 started, its been going on for some time? If any one has any idea why plz let me know.

We have had some pictures posted on here that showed some very unusual birds, at least one was a hen that was several years old. She was claimed to be a Pea/Chicken cross, the thing is nobody can ever prove it, but it did look like one. She lived for quite a few years from what I remember, but was sterile. My hens will display sometimes, usually it is directed at smaller wild birds that enter the pens, not sure why yours' are, but I think all do from time to time. Please keep us posted on your eggs.

Bluejays thanks they dont like them and I have raised some from babies they will not go away its their yard also lol

Back
Top Bottom