Java Peafowl Color, Help!

Quote:
Since your in Texas, maybe you can feed the same feed Doug and I use, it is the Lonestar 20% laying pelets. Made in Nacogdoches.

Quote:
I use to feed the purina gamebird layena but when it got around $18.00 a bag, I had to find something else. The lonestar is 20% layer but is only $11.80 per bag.

Quote:
I use to feed the purina gamebird layena but when it got around $18.00 a bag, I had to find something else. The lonestar is 20% layer but is only $11.80 per bag.

think you can ship a few hundred pounds of that up here to me.lol 11.80 is so cheap

Haven't used Turkey Gamebird.....didn't know there was such a thing. I do feed gamebird....is 28% to much protein? I often end up mixing a couple different things together. Have used combination of Medicated Purina Turkey Show and Medicated Purina Chick. Purina is easily available in my area. Also Sportsman's Choice. They love the Purina Sunfresh but don't think that has any animal protein in it. I have to give my free range birds feed they like or they move next door for the cat food and 2 five acre tracts over to eat all the scrapes thrown out the back door. Some people don't believe in eating left-overs. Also why we have so many darn predators around here.....people feeding them. Thanks.

ColbyNTX Just emailed asking if any Lonestar feed available in my area. Thanks. I probably don't feed on as large a scale as you folks so Purina isn't putting me in the poorhouse. Only having 5 acres and being in a subdivision keeps me in check with numbers of peafowl and noise. After saying that I think I'm over my limit with 15, LOL!! I don't intend to replace my IB's that free range. I really like the Java and Spaldings.....or will until I turn them free and they run off, LOL!!! If that happens may go to loud pied, peach.......I don't know? Being retired I may wake up one morning and ask myself what the heck am I doing tying myself down with critters to care for. My husband wants to travel and we have a nice 33 ft 5th wheel in the rv garage.

Thanks everyone for your input. (-:

Back
Top Bottom