Java Thread

MY FAVE PIC EVER!!
wee.gif
NICE DOG DARREN !

Last edited:
I picked up my first Javas about a week and a half ago...the 3 hens are mottled and the roo is split for mottled. I just wanted to share and see what everyone thought of them!

My roo got bad frostbite over the winter and lost most of his comb and wattles :(

I have the original mcgraw mottled java we have just hatched 53 from one week old to four weeks old. Very strong and healthy we r willing to share our pure bred java for the original blood line to keep it going

I picked up my first Javas about a week and a half ago...the 3 hens are mottled and the roo is split for mottled. I just wanted to share and see what everyone thought of them!

My roo got bad frostbite over the winter and lost most of his comb and wattles :(

VERY VERY pretty- nice Orloff too
tongue.png
love.gif
my mottleds came locally its my first ones ever.. they are about 4 months old but still have lots of white.. slowly getting the black. Big ! love how large they are.

I have the original mcgraw mottled java we have just hatched 53 from one week old to four weeks old. Very strong and healthy we r willing to share our pure bred java for the original blood line to keep it going

Thank you for letting us know you are working with the McGraw mottled javas, and for helping to keep that old line going. There are a number of folks on here who may not know the history of that line. Would you be willing to share some of that history, and how you wound up with those particular birds?

I wish more people were interested in maintaining the old breeds and the old lines of birds. The McGraw line nearly went extinct. It is important to keep these old blood lines going.

Kudos to you, sthrngirl, for taking on that old line of mottled javas, and offering to share them with others to keep the line going. I hope the people you share them with are willing to spend the time and effort to breed them to the Standard so the line improves over time and doesn't devolve. Best of luck to you. Keep us posted on your progress!

I couldn't leave my feed store without these two mottled java gals.... They both have 5 toes....is this normal for Javas? I am slowly reading this thread, so I apologize if I duplicate questions. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom