Java Thread

Pics
Quote:
But, if you post pictures... I might not be able to resist getting some hatching eggs from you...
smile.png

I love my mottled javas so much... I'm thinking maybe I need black javas too!

1000000277.JPG

1000000279.JPG
Just a couple pics of the established cock and a few of his girls. they are really enjoying having free rein in the garden this winter. Gonna break their and my own hearts to fence them out soon when we break ground.

Some BJ eggs (on the right half of the dish).
1000000469.JPG

So on to "the chosen one"
wink.png
I am happy with Malcolm shown above, but I wanted to go ahead and start on a replacement cockerel just in case anything happened to the old man. I think this is my guy unless he gets ugly with the kids anytime soon (I refuse to keep or breed anything but gentleman Roos). He is pretty stocky but not super tall.
1000000479.JPG

1000000488.JPG

A few of the newest Flock members...of course three of the boys will be culled.
1000000482.JPG

1000000481.JPG

Last edited:
the legs on my Auburnish Java are slate? Blackish/grey and the foot bottoms are yellow/marigold?

The chest is spangled I guess....it looks just like this hen's chest

51397_chicks_and_craiglist_march_012.jpg

Didn't have a good picture of the Rooster's chest.

While walking the yard this morning with the dogs I looked over the two red hens I have and I think they are good enough in color to go to the breeding pen with the Roo in question. Soon as I get home from Texas in a few weeks the Auburn Java project in on! I will keep my Goldilocks in there as well.

Love those black javas as well!

Quote:
Just a question. If the auburns where were bred from the blacks wouldn't that make them purbred? I'm just wondering, I don't want to waste my time with them if there's going to be questions. Or conflicts. Mike

Quote:
Just a question. If the auburns where were bred from the blacks wouldn't that make them purbred? I'm just wondering, I don't want to waste my time with them if there's going to be questions. Or conflicts. Mike

i will be honest with you, i am not the person to ask. i meant no offense with my word choice--i was reading about breeding javas to RIR unless i misunderstood, and i just was sort of transitioning back to purebred javas cause i wanted to post pics. black javas is all i know about (and i'm no expert!, just doing my best and learning all i can.)

Last edited:
BJ mama with her foster babies (who are FCBMs!)
DSCI3796.JPG

DSCI3785.JPG

DSCI4058.JPG

DSCI4052.JPG

i seriously do not remember if i have posted these before so feel free to slap my hand if so. i am getting itchy to see my Minerva BJ go broody again this year! she sat for 10 days in over 100 degree weather before i caved and decided to give her some one day old FCBMs from a local breeder. she was a determined, longsuffering broody and a PERFECT and protective mother...and i have heard GREAT things about Javas having this trait in general! yet another trait that makes them a desirable breed--when one can sustain a flock via natural mothering/parenting, it makes backyard chickens so much more enjoyable and economical!

anyone else want to share pics of their broody or mama Javas?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom