Java Thread

Pics
Quote:
I am selling eggs and hatching chicks & selling birds & chicks NOW, why waite ???

Joy I will try the new e-mail address then
wink.png

Last edited:
Quote:
I am selling eggs and hatching chicks & selling birds & chicks NOW, why waite ???

Joy I will try the new e-mail address then
wink.png

what is the price for eggs, chicks and birds? can you ship to NY? oh, and what are your blood lines ?

Last edited:
haTHOR, I have been hatching OEs as well !
Aren't they fun ???

OEs
50801_fart_eggs_036.jpg

Cuckoo Marans
50801_december_bbs_marans_020.jpg

Cuckoos over Ameracauna & got some awfully funny looking birds, with the cuckoo pattern a greatly forward small s/c, and huge cheek tufts.........funny looking birds !!!!!!
My egg buyers love the green eggs !!

Please .......... anyone...........

For 15 years i have bred and raised several types of gamefowl and brown egg layers (plus a few more). The one breed that interested me the most is the very breed that started the majority of egg and meat type breeds we have today. So, I wanted Java's. Particularly the black variety due to the breeds history and the fact that I had never seen one in all my life. So I went to a breeder and purchased a lovley Female that is under two years old. All of this breeders birds were excellent examples of the breed but he had very few to select from. I wanted a hen to breed into a Columbian Wyandotte or A Jersey Giant to get a very high quality dual purpose bird.

Here is the problem.......... When I got her home, I noticed six or seven very short very thin feathers in both of her feet, centered on her toes. I called the breeder who has yet to respond. In my experience with American Gamefowl, line-breeding and inbreeding can cause this and other mutations. I am just worried that I (who considers hismself a chicken expert) bought a Mixed breed , without ever considering that to be a possiblity!

She meets every standard of the breed and even has the beautiful dark bill and small comb that the breeds beginings had. She has yellow bottomed feet and everything. So is this from poor breeding or did I get swindled? Either way I am keeping her (after that price)

Look what happened last night::: Buckeyes, Black Javas & one OE (leg extended you can see the tufted shanks)
wee.gif

And we are due for our fiest snow.......ICY cold outside...so I brought the babies in here instead of my brooder in the shed (which was tops at 89 degrees
sad.png
)

Buckeyes & Black Javas!!! I really love how crystal clear the photos are coming out on the new BYC....Virtual Memory is nagging at me though!

I have no idea other than she had a feather legged breed in her background, like a marans.
I can ask some experts though & will get back to you.

Quoting myself here.
Old Breeders I have spoken with say this was an issue after the exchange at the Garfield Museum.
Seems someone's line had the issue.
After the exchange..the birds with these faults had to be culled in my line.

Back
Top Bottom