Jelly bean and Rupert Enjoying Alex

StormyMoon

Songster
9 Years
May 1, 2010
Alvarado, TX
We are in Texas and are getting the tail of Hurricane Alex

Jelly Bean ( Pekin ) Rupert ( Rouen ) have been going hog wild over the over abundance of crickets that are flowing out cause of all the rain we are getting.

Here they are in the drive way.......in their favorite puddle.

56092_stormduck.jpeg

Also I really do not know if these are male or female we just named them cause it was cute.

Jelly bean doesnt really have a quack its more a muffled awk awk sound kind of like tim the tool man taylor kind of grumble
Neither duck quacks loudly at all I was told you can tell by their quack......?

His tail is usually up in a curl and so is the rouens.

Last edited:
Do any of you know if roens or pekins fly away ? I am hoping they will stay here they are only about 2 months old, i guess now I have to find them some lady friends they love hanging out with the chickens usually they are always together but I locked up the chickens during the rain so Jelly bean and Rupert were on their own.

It has been amazing watching the pekin grow it was like we put him to bed and in the morning, each morning we had a different duck he would literally grow over night.

Quote:
Oh really thank you I was hoping someone would say that
smile.png
they haven't even tried to once in a while they lean back and stretch their wings but they don't try taking off. They do like to run once in a blue moon like when it was raining they would put their heads down and run around in a circle its funny watching them.

Back
Top Bottom