Jelly bean egg

Feb 1, 2018
Bow, WA
this was the cutest thing I have ever seen so I just had to share. Was out doing my afternoon animal chores today and saw something strange laying on the ground on top of a pile of chicken poop. I rolled it over with my foot and it was an EGG!!! The smallest chicken egg I have ever seen. I’m assuming it’s from one of my younger hens, (7 or so months old) several of which are laying normal-sized eggs pretty regularly. But maybe the Cochins? I read they’re not the best layers and I have yet to see either of them in a nesting box. Anyway, enjoy my tiny egg. Isn’t it cute?! :lau
ACB95C63-4DAC-4149-A898-D66EC31B2A82.jpeg

That egg is so cute. I’ve had my chickens lay some super tiny eggs too. I blew them out. Here’s some pics.

this was the cutest thing I have ever seen so I just had to share. Was out doing my afternoon animal chores today and saw something strange laying on the ground on top of a pile of chicken poop. I rolled it over with my foot and it was an EGG!!! The smallest chicken egg I have ever seen. I’m assuming it’s from one of my younger hens, (7 or so months old) several of which are laying normal-sized eggs pretty regularly. But maybe the Cochins? I read they’re not the best layers and I have yet to see either of them in a nesting box. Anyway, enjoy my tiny egg. Isn’t it cute?! :lau
View attachment 1307248
Did you open it up?

Fairy, fart, wind, rooster eggs are usually from a tiny piece of tissue breaking loose from the reproductive tract, or an immature ova(yolk) and the body forms an egg around it. Color can be darker than 'normal' as the pigment coating released has to cover a much smaller area so is thicker. Can happen with any age layer.
Think it's explained in this excellent video
Egg Formation Video
(which is worth watching even if it's not explained)

Back
Top Bottom