Jelly like hard boiled egg

AMarie13

Hatching
Jul 16, 2019
Can someone identify why one of our chickens lay eggs that never seem to fully cook? I have cooked eggs for the same amount of time, but my darker eggs seem to always come out jelly like this while all the others are fine. TIA

Attachments

• 50BEFE65-62C9-4E95-A1AD-71C29F32B220.jpeg
    50BEFE65-62C9-4E95-A1AD-71C29F32B220.jpeg
    214.5 KB · Views: 59
Not sure as to why they're not cooking correctly, but if you know that specific eggs don't boil well, I'd just not boil them - save them for baking, frying, etc.

I have 7 birds laying but only hardboil eggs from 3 of them, as those have the fewest problems (i.e. inclusions, tendency for shell cracking) and best consistency when boiled.

Not sure as to why they're not cooking correctly, but if you know that specific eggs don't boil well, I'd just not boil them - save them for baking, frying, etc.

I have 7 birds laying but only hardboil eggs from 3 of them, as those have the fewest problems (i.e. inclusions, tendency for shell cracking) and best consistency when boiled.
Thank you! I usually don’t hard boil them, but was curious if this could be a sign of illness, lack of protein, or something.

Thank you! I usually don’t hard boil them, but was curious if this could be a sign of illness, lack of protein, or something.
Sorry, I don't know if it's indicative of anything. If one bird's eggs always have a specific issue (and they're not showing any sign of illness, lethargy, etc) I just chalk it up to there being something a little off about the way her system forms eggs.

Back
Top Bottom