jenlynn4 I candled my silkie eggs

Poison Ivy

Crowing
16 Years
May 2, 2007
Naples, Florida
I candled my silkie eggs and it looks to be that only 3 are growing. The others are clear I was really hoping for a few more. But 2 of the partridge and 1 cuckoo are looking really nice with lots of veins and you can see the little dark spot in the center. I opened one of the clear ones up and it was infertile. But I'm going to go ahead and leave the rest in till day 10 and recandle once more just to be 100% sure before I toss. I'll let you know how the rest are doing on day 10.

It is strange how shipped eggs do sometimes. I have eggs from jenny too and 11 out of the 14 are developing. You would think since you are closer you wiould have more develop?
idunno.gif
Darn PO!!!! Maybe they should have some extra training on how to handle hatching eggs. My orp eggs did worse 5 out of 16
sad.png
I wanted those sooooo bad. Oh well, guess it give a reason to buy more. Hopefully all three of your eggs hatch.
smile.png
Good luck!

Edited to say Jen sent me 14 opps
smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I also have welsummers in the incubator with the silkies and I have 9 that look great and 3 maybe's they are so dark it's really hard to tell on the 3 but I figure when I candle on day 10 I should be able to see something different in them. I'm surprised that 9 are growing because the were shipped from Chebanse, Illinois and I let them sit for 5 days before I put them in the incubator. I wanted to put them and the silkie eggs in at the same time. So I wouldn't have a staggered hatch.

I have my second batch of silkies in the bator. I am on day 7 with them. What day are you? I am the one that you posted on earlier...my white silkie piped and didn't make it.... The first batch out of 20 eggs shipped, 5 were fertile. This second batch 4 of 20 look fertile. They had to travel half way across the US to reach me, so that isn't to bad...concidering our PO

Mine didn't come from the same breeder as yours. Don't want anyone getting confused on that:)

Let me know what day you are on.

Just took a really quick peek at my Jen's silky eggs and see definate movement in all 11!

yippiechickie.gif

Had 14 originally, 2 never developed (a part. and a white) and one Blue/splash quit on me.

I'm half way through day 16.

fl.gif

Quote:
Today is day 8 for me on my silkies and welsummer's so we have the same hatch dates. I took a silkie egg last night and stuck it in the bator. I've been checking the eggs and seems Disco is doing his job! lol So I'm wondering what the baby will look like because he is a splash and she is a buff. These are my mom's and niece's silkies so I hope it does good too. I have my fingers crossed that the 3 silkies hatch I want a cuckoo one really bad and my mom likes the partridge ones. What colors are you hatching?

I think I have one white, 5 Blue/black/splash, 2 buffs and 3 partridge left in there now....

Jen sent me a mix! I am SO excited - I just get butterflies in my stomach every time I look at the bator!

5 days left .....
smile.png

I got 8 silkie eggs from jenlynn4, 4 white and 4 buff.

Today is day 7.
I candled at day 4 out of curiosity and 1 white had a blood ring, 2 of each color had veins, and I couldn't tell on the other 3.

I figure I'll candle again about day 10 and see what's going on.

I have picked eggs up from Jen in my egg killing spree and had a 0 hatch- had eggs shipped from Jen to Barnesville PA and they hatched---s/h is awful but I got eggs shipped from Mel in Ny and had a great hatch. Nothing is for sure in this.

I have Partridge babies due today. Two hatched over night and one is darker then the other. The batch that is due the same day as yours is 2 white and 2 buff. These are the first Silkies for us.

Back
Top Bottom