JERSEY Giant Fans...Meet SOPHIE AND JOEY

ladychicken&Ducklover

Songster
8 Years
May 21, 2011
Champion, Michigan
Phil, My " Hero " Polish Roo who , along with my son Joe, saved my life a week ago today, ( I posted that story under " My Polish Roo Saved my life "), has suddenly started Flogging me !
hit.gif

My son, Joe, and myself, decided to go out into "His" part of the yard to attempt to get him to no longer do that, when Sophie, our MAGNIFICENT JERSEY GIANT ( 5 MONTHS OLD ), decided to jump on My back as I was squatting down and interacting with the girls .

The last time she did that, she was a day old chick , now she is about 11 pounds of TOTAL FLUFF AND SWEETNESS.

I transferred her over to my son while I ran to get my camera.

When Sophie gets up on us, she Does Not want off and it is so funny watching her " Preen" my son's hair.

Anyway, Phil, continued to jump straight up in the air, as high as he could, and KICKED Joe right around his upper thigh.
duc.gif

We just ignored him and he eventually calmed down.

Any suggestions as to how to stop him from flogging us would be GREATLY appreciated...He is a Special baby, but Im not sure what to do.

So, I just wanted to post some pics of some of my mixed flock of Hooligans
love.gif

Joe and Sophie

92756_joe_and_sophie_1.jpg

" The view is so much better from here "

92756_sophie_and_joe_2.jpg

" Im going to Stan the Man's party, but I just washed my hair and cant do a thing with it "

92756_updated_phil.jpg

" BOB ", the Salmon Favorelle

92756_bobby_1.jpg

The first thing I did with mt bantam roowho decides he wants to flog me is snatch him right up, tuck him under my arm, and walk around with him for about 10 - 15 minutes.

The next time he challenged me, I walked him backwards... That is, I faced him, and started walking AT him as if he wasn't there. He had to back up. When he turned slightly, I turned in that direction and continued to walk AT him. I did this until he actually turned away, not just stepped bacwarss at an angle. Then I continued on walking until he got out of my way.

No chasing at all, just a deliberate walking him backwards until he gives up, at a slightly slower than regular pace. When he turns away, he's acknowleging i am The Boss, and at that point, the challenge is over and he is done.

Hope this helps!

Quote:
Thank you for the suggestion!

I've heard about doing that , then I also heard that picking them up then flipping them on their sides, grabbing their legs and pinning them to the ground .

Then hold them down and let the hens walk around them , almost like causing the Roo to be " embarrassed ".

I've tried to snatch him up , but he is Real quick! Lol.

Again , thank you for your help.

We had a problem like that, an ee roo we had since he was a chick decided one day he did NOT like us touching his girls. He body slammed my husbands arm causing him to drop the hen we worked so hard to catch. Well hubby was not amused and he kicked him clear across the run. Well he no longer try's to attack any of us now lol they're alot sturdier than you think

Awe, Sophie is beautiful. I have a JG, her name is Coco and we love her to pieces. She'll let me pick her up but she's not crazy about being held and would prefer to have her feet on the ground. She's a wonderful layer. And she LOVES banana. We always save a little bite of a banana for her.

Quote:
wow! do you think that would work for our situation? my RIR Shim (1-1/2 years old) is very jealous of my nieces and nephews (the oldest won her in an Easter Egg Hunt and brought her to me). she attacks them! she will run up and chest bump, kick at their feet, bit their shoes and legs. i have tried to get my oldest nephew to gently nudge her back (not kick) but gently push her away with his foot. it doesn't seem to work. but the 'walking' thing. i just wonder? she doesn't like me giving time to my 2 small dogs either. she pinched my arm one day when i stopped cuddling her and let puppycakes up on the couch with us. no one could ever eat Shim without getting sick - SHE IS SPOILED ROTTEN!

Back
Top Bottom