Jersey Giant Hatching Eggs

Sounds like they are selling pullet eggs, which shouldn't really be problem, tho most say don't hatch them I have and tho chicks are smaller they do catch up and grow to normal sized birds.

Sounds like they are selling pullet eggs, which shouldn't really be problem, tho most say don't hatch them I have and tho chicks are smaller they do catch up and grow to normal sized birds.
Can we talk outside here if you don't mind?

Update: I am on Day 18, and when I went to lockdown the incubator, I've discovered external pips in my small Jersey Giant eggs. Everything looks normal, pips in the expected spot, etc. Will keep y'all updated. :) :jumpy

Forgot to post that the chicks hatched normally overnight. Everybody is eating/drinking/chirping and behaving normally. No defects observed. :) So in my experience, the pullet eggs hatched normally, albeit a tad bit earlier than, the larger sized eggs from the same hens.

We have 10 out of 12 hatched. 2 we had to help because they were stuck in the shell after taking more than 24 hours to hatch. We are watching those 2 chicks to see how they do. All the others are healthy. Good result for us!

Back
Top Bottom