Jersey Giant or Australorp. Please help

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by mbarros2003, Jul 29, 2014.

1. mbarros2003

mbarros2003 Hatching

Jun 21, 2014
    Geneva, Florida
    [​IMG]Hello everyone. I was so excited to receive my chick's from Purely Poultry. So far the customer service was phenomenal next day delivery and all my chick's are alive and chirping; however, I feel that the birds I ordered are not in fact the birds I requested. I ordered 6 Black Jersey Giants, however a couple of the birds I received look more Black Australorps. Both chickens look quite similar and difference are in the legs. I've attached a picture of what I think is an Australorps and not a Giant. What do you guys think?[​IMG][/IMG]

Last edited: Jul 29, 2014
  2. deathfromabove

deathfromabove In the Brooder

Jul 8, 2014
    maryland
    I think it is a jersey. I have AL and the coloring was a little different.

3. mbarros2003

mbarros2003 Hatching

Jun 21, 2014
    Geneva, Florida
    It's weird because I ordered 6 Jerseys and only two of them look like this. The other 4 have black legs and yellow feet and they have more black than the light color. I'll take a picture tomorrow and upload it so you can see what I'm talking about. Thanks for responding to my post.

4. Basskids08

Basskids08 Chick Logging

Just so you know Aussies have white bottom feet, the ones your showing are yellow and that's what color GJ bottom feet color are!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: