Jersey Giant x Silkie?

He's really not that mutant. I compared him to a few other breeder silkies at his stage and only yall chicken experts could pick out so many bad things! But by the time I find a Jersey Giant here in Ga, i'll prob have better Silkies!
wee.gif

Does it matter which parent has which color?

Yesterday I hatched three chicks from a silkie hen and a 1-yr old Jersey Giant roo. I am still waiting on the fourth egg (hasn't pipped yet). All three look like their puffy mom with lil puffy tails. :) All are healthy, and needed no outside help to get out of their shells. They are a tad smaller than the day old barred rock chicks I purchased, but they sure can scoot around! :)

Yesterday I hatched three chicks from a silkie hen and a 1-yr old Jersey Giant roo. I am still waiting on the fourth egg (hasn't pipped yet). All three look like their puffy mom with lil puffy tails. :) All are healthy, and needed no outside help to get out of their shells. They are a tad smaller than the day old barred rock chicks I purchased, but they sure can scoot around! :)
How do they look today?

How large did they get?

I know this thread is a little old but for anyone still curious about a Jersey Giant crossing with. Silkie well here it is. This is one of two jersey roosters I have who are the only roosters around. Then there is the only silkie plus her chicks. They have her extra toes but the rooster's possible colors. One chick looks possibly blue and one is definitely black.
IMG_20200811_114838.jpg
IMG_20200811_114928.jpg

I know this thread is a little old but for anyone still curious about a Jersey Giant crossing with. Silkie well here it is. This is one of two jersey roosters I have who are the only roosters around. Then there is the only silkie plus her chicks. They have her extra toes but the rooster's possible colors. One chick looks possibly blue and one is definitely black.
View attachment 2285931View attachment 2285933
That's so cool! I've never seen a jersey giant before.. I expected big but not that big. I'm interested to see what they look like growing up!

Just a request, can you check if they have Black Skin under the chick down? It would confirm if JG are sex linked id+ or Id as extended black birds can have black shanks due to epidermal melanin deposition

Back
Top Bottom