JERSEY GIANT

X3

Good luck in finding some Jerseys! :)

Pink pink pink pink . His feet are pink
barnie.gif
????????????????????? Took 2 of us. I held him and my mate washed his feet. He wasn't impressed
somad.gif
"get-off-me. You pair of ----s" lol . (roughly translated). Looks like another bird is going to succumb to the ravages of that fox. She's not eating much, if at all. Very quiet too.
hu.gif

Last edited:
Sooo... he's an Australorp, or a JG with pink feet? I bet he had an opinion about the bath. Sorry about the other hen, hope she manages to pull through. btw, there usually are quite a few ads for JG eggs on e-bay UK

The feet are probably pink due to the washing. Ok...so he is a Black Australorp!

Did you have a fox attack?? Get that one under a heat lamp. Birds go into shock after severe injury and shock means cold. Very cold. Shock can kill them faster than the injury. Get the bird warm, keep it isolated from the others and feed it what ever it will eat just to keep them alive until it heals or passes. You can use peroxide for the first time to disinfect wounds, but only once. Then switch over to some sort of anti bacterial spray or ointment. I hope this bird is going to be ok. :)

Ya I can see now,,,,,, said the blind man
woot.gif

Good thing I asked as I am sure you would not want some from California USA then as the shipping would be outrages
he.gif

I hope now you can find something closer
pop.gif

BYC has a Buy Sell Trade section you can check on
caf.gif

gander007
old.gif

Ha ,thank's fer pointing out what should be the bleedin obvious . " said the blind man" I shall have to test my other 4 senses see if there impaired too lol

Sooo... he's an Australorp, or a JG with pink feet? I bet he had an opinion about the bath. Sorry about the other hen, hope she manages to pull through. btw, there usually are quite a few ads for JG eggs on e-bay UK
Hey. It's a conundrum ! Big pink footed green giant. Mybe it's a new breed ! "Pink foot"
celebrate.gif
. If it is, I found it so I can name it. I'll call it, " The Greendale Pinkfoot ". Or lol
ya.gif
whatduya think !!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

The feet are probably pink due to the washing. Ok...so he is a Black Australorp!

Did you have a fox attack?? Get that one under a heat lamp. Birds go into shock after severe injury and shock means cold. Very cold. Shock can kill them faster than the injury. Get the bird warm, keep it isolated from the others and feed it what ever it will eat just to keep them alive until it heals or passes. You can use peroxide for the first time to disinfect wounds, but only once. Then switch over to some sort of anti bacterial spray or ointment. I hope this bird is going to be ok. :)

Hey TC. We only used water and only for a few seconds. Yes , 2 foxes. They killed 9. I only found 3 bodies, and had to put another down. I can't find a single mark on the poorly one. It happened last Sunday at 3am ,UK . She seemed to pick up for a day ( Tues) , but now she's down. I've had to bow her head into a water bowl, then she drinks by her self. It's almost like she needs reminding she's thirsty. Others were the same , but now their ok. All of their appetites are off though. They all seem ok, they come to me still , and go through the motions of begging for food , but don't eat as much. Egg production is bk to normal, "give or take" . I have my doubts weather she will pull through. She has similar colours to a miniature FM Jersey/Australorp. Grey body with a black neck and head. One of my first. She's middle aged and It's gone on to long. I don't know if she's freaked out or has internal injuries.
wink.png
Thank's for the advice. , cool.

Back
Top Bottom