Jersey Giants Roost

ChickChick2121

Songster
Aug 15, 2021
I have 3 Jersey Giant pullets. We're building the new coop for them, 6 other regular size chicks and 5 exhausting regular size hens. (so in total 3 JG & 11 regular size) My question is about the roosts. How much roost spacing do I need for the giants? If I go 3-4 rows high to accommodate the others will the giants injure themselves by trying to get up to the high roosts? Also how far apart should I space their roosts. That's the part I can't find any info on The coop will be 8x8 and include food/water. Thank you for any input.

I have one supposed Jersey Giant in my flock, she's a tad bigger than our other hens and a tad smaller than our roosters. Either way, they all cram together no matter what and usually space themselves approximately every 10-12" along the roost. A good general spacing between roosts is probably ~18" on center - not so close they'll peck on one another and not so far apart you're wasting space.

I have one supposed Jersey Giant in my flock, she's a tad bigger than our other hens and a tad smaller than our roosters. Either way, they all cram together no matter what and usually space themselves approximately every 10-12" along the roost. A good general spacing between roosts is probably ~18" on center - not so close they'll peck on one another and not so far apart you're wasting space.
Thank you. That makes sense

Back
Top Bottom