Jersey Giants thread for pictures and discussion

I'm looking for some JG out of Bobbed Proto lines....after we just lost our beloved Andre after 6 years....
Have you tried Bobbi herself? http://www.indigoegg.us/BlueJerseyGiants.html
She has some she sells off and on.
I do not have her line anymore and not sure who does now.
Best wishes on finding your JG.

celebrate.gif

Last edited:
I just spoke w a man in FL that has just bought some of the last of Bobbi's lines from her. I understand she is selling out of giants to pursue dog showing.

Soaring Hawkes, I would like to see your birds sometime since you are here in NC. Your pics look great. Nice Birds.
I am trying to set up my breeders. The pullets are laying like mad. Hens are just finishing a moult. They are on lights and will recieve the "boys" this week.

Soaring Hawkes, I would like to see your birds sometime since you are here in NC. Your pics look great. Nice Birds.
I am trying to set up my breeders. The pullets are laying like mad. Hens are just finishing a moult. They are on lights and will recieve the "boys" this week.
bobbi is showing her dogs now.
i had not heard she was selling out.
thanks you should see how many i went through to get those
big_smile.png

these pullets are not laying yet,but it should be before long as they are letting the cockerels bred them now with out a fight. I would not mind you coming out to see them. they are still in temp coop. hope to get their coop down this month or feb. we'd love to check out your Jgs too.
hubby wants to do blks since i have the blues.

I'm looking for some JG out of Bobbed Proto lines....after we just lost our beloved Andre after 6 years....
If you'r wanting eggs, I have her lines. Well actually just one rooster that I'm crossing with a huge gorgeous black hen and a nice blue pullet. Expect some nice chicks. He's pictured in my avatar.

Sigh... I was going to go to the PPBA show, but that would mean bringing my only JG. Oh my! Maybe later if I get more...

Last edited:
one of my hens did well sitting on her eggs. 7 of 16 eggs hatched! this is this hens first batch of babies. not sure yet but i might have 1 or 2 blues. love my giants.

Hi, Giant friends! Not much going on here lately....

My small flock has finished molting and they look quite nice - I'm super pleased with them! My male has taken forever and day to finish molting and he seems grumpy - pecking at the hens when they go to the feeder while he's there and such. Not sure what is going on there, I've ben watching closely...

DH built me a neat light box for taking pics of my poultry. It's collapsible, which was priority one for me. Took him a bit to figure out a good way to build it, but I think he did great. I've got pics of it and will be making a post next week about it, in case anyone else is interested in making one similar. I just painted it the other day, and this weekend, I'll assemble it & take a few pics. I can't wait!

Also - an important note: in chatting with my Giant mentor, she reminded me of something she'd told me long ago that I'd forgotten. For Giants, it's best to not use a roost board. Even a low one. I'm having DH remove the one in my my Giant pen this weekend. The reason is that, once they put on their mature body weight, they are so heavy that they can injur their legs from hopping down. I figure, better safe than sorry, so I'm removing mine, and I highly suggest that you do the same!
smile.png

Last edited:
Also - an important note: in chatting with my Giant mentor, she reminded me of something she'd told me long ago that I'd forgotten. For Giants, it's best to not use a roost board. Even a low one. I'm having DH remove the one in my my Giant pen this weekend. The reason is that, once they put on their mature body weight, they are so heavy that they can injur their legs from hopping down. I figure, better safe than sorry, so I'm removing mine, and I highly suggest that you do the same!
smile.png
My JG has never once tried to roost. It's always bothered me, but I guess I shouldn't worry about it! :)

Back
Top Bottom