Jersey Giants thread for pictures and discussion

Sorry, I thought you were serious. Many people think chickens can be papered, and I thought you might be one of them. As far as mine go, I'm not going to keep them. While really nice, I'm concentrating on the Blu Copper Marans. These were from a lady who got her eggs from a breeder in Scottsburg, In. A bit pricey huh! [rule]
(Copied from her website - not an Advertisement)​

Maria's Jersey Giants, since 1977

2013 PRICE LIST
[COLOR=000000] Hatching Eggs (black, blue, splash) for $125/dz. includes PRIORITY Shipping/Handling. Express mail is $20/dz more. 12 newly hatched chicks-$14 each plus $25 Priority Shipping & Handling. The Box is included in price. [/COLOR]
3 - 6 weeks of age (unsexed pets)- $20 each PET PRICES
[COLOR=000000] 6-12 wk Pullets - $70.00 6-12 week old roosters- $35.00 6-12 wk. pair: $90.00 [/COLOR]
[rule]It's a pity you don't live closer, mine might be just what you are looking for.
Yes, that is the websight I have been looking at! Yes, expensive. But she does not sell just 4 or 5. I would need to buy sexed pullets. It is sad to kill the boys. Yes, you are a little too far from me. I may have to wait. We are going to be moving and we need to find a place where chickens are allowed.

My son picked Black Jersey Giants as the breed he would like to show for 4H. I have 15 on order for next year, but to get us through and let us meet the breed I got two 6 month old pullets locally. They are hatchery bred, and therefore no where near show quality but my are they gorgeous! And so sweet. They both mutter the whole time they are out foraging and they are just starting to lay. These two have completely endeared me to the breed and I can't wait to get our babies next year.

I've named them Laverne and Shirley

My son picked Black Jersey Giants as the breed he would like to show for 4H. I have 15 on order for next year, but to get us through and let us meet the breed I got two 6 month old pullets locally. They are hatchery bred, and therefore no where near show quality but my are they gorgeous! And so sweet. They both mutter the whole time they are out foraging and they are just starting to lay. These two have completely endeared me to the breed and I can't wait to get our babies next year.

Well, I think they are very pretty! I have two hatchery JG's also and wanted better quality also but I may pass for a different breed.

They may be hatchery birds but they are beautiful. Look how full and perfect their tails are! And I love the way they chat and talk. Mine loves to talk to me when I'm out gardening.

Just some info to share. This will be where the Jersey Giant National Show will be held.

http://pacificnorthwestpoultry.com/events.html

This is a double show with 1000 birds expected. The largest show in the Pacific Northwest

There will be some excellent quality birds at this show with a sale area.

Free parking and free admission

Held at the Clark County Fairgrounds in Vancouver Washington

See the link for show entry map and directions

This is a must see event for any and all chicken people.

Just some info to share. This will be where the Jersey Giant National Show will be held.

http://pacificnorthwestpoultry.com/events.html

This is a double show with 1000 birds expected. The largest show in the Pacific Northwest

There will be some excellent quality birds at this show with a sale area.

Free parking and free admission

Held at the Clark County Fairgrounds in Vancouver Washington

See the link for show entry map and directions

This is a must see event for any and all chicken people.
I believe the Giant club directors are also still looking for folks to help man the Giant table, which will be..........GIANT at this show, so please do contact them & offer your help if you can!!

just ordered black jersey giants new to all this my delivery should come tomorrow..how long do u keep them under light for now with winter coming up dunmor starter food I picked up am think of holistic horse for chickens for not getting worms have u heard of this and is it good ....want to do the right thing...one side of coop is wood other side is hardware cloth with 2 doors in front and one on ends too clean out ...mine is 4ftx10ft for 4 chickens 3hens 1 rooster ..

Back
Top Bottom