Jersey Giants thread for pictures and discussion

Any one in Texas need a new Black or Blue JG cockerel? I have 3-4 extra from the group I raised from Taylor Hobby Farm. Would really like them to get to breed and not go in the freezer. They were hatched May 27th. Pm me if anyone interested, I also put them on the sale page.

Can anyone tell me what they think of the fold in my jersey's comb... He is about 20 weeks old. I was hoping to show him... If he turned out nicely.. I am not sure if the fold is a flaw based on the standard of perfection.
[/IMG]

Any one in Texas need a new Black or Blue JG cockerel? I have 3-4 extra from the group I raised from Taylor Hobby Farm. Would really like them to get to breed and not go in the freezer. They were hatched May 27th. Pm me if anyone interested, I also put them on the sale page.

They are very nice. How I wish I lived in the Midwest. Not many JG breeders in CA but lots in the East. I would love to have them. How sorry I am. I hope you find them a nice home.

They are very nice. How I wish I lived in the Midwest. Not many JG breeders in CA but lots in the East. I would love to have them. How sorry I am. I hope you find them a nice home.
Pity you are so far away - I'm in Washington State and have a few J.G's I need homes for. I don't suppose you ever get up this way do you? Mine are only 12 weeks old, but very big!

Pity you are so far away - I'm in Washington State and have a few J.G's I need homes for. I don't suppose you ever get up this way do you? Mine are only 12 weeks old, but very big!

Oh how I wish!! No I have never come that way. I will visit my grandkids in Texas. I have missed many a quality JG from BYC because of my location. I am more sorry than you may know.

Quote: Hmm, I'm wondering if a relay could be set up. I sometimes go to Portland for supplies; perhaps put a post on the Oregon thread, see if anyone is going south and we could connect, then put a post on the CA and see if anyone . . . I seriously don't want to take these chickens to the auction!

I was watching them again today, and thinking how nice they are. On the other hand, I might just keep them until spring and do a hatch from them, then sell them . . .!?!?

Hmm, I'm wondering if a relay could be set up. I sometimes go to Portland for supplies; perhaps put a post on the Oregon thread, see if anyone is going south and we could connect, then put a post on the CA and see if anyone . . . I seriously don't want to take these chickens to the auction!

I was watching them again today, and thinking how nice they are. On the other hand, I might just keep them until spring and do a hatch from them, then sell them . . .!?!?
Sell them after they have their chicks or sell their chicks? We are going to be moving within the next 2 months so I am going to wait and buy chicks from someone here on BYC next spring!! These are my favorite birds. We have to make sure there is a good fence where we are moving, or make them a large, large area to free range. It's a nice idea though, whatever you decide. Thank you for the offer but I think waiting is best.

I was wondering about the roost and nest heights on a mixed flock of jersey giants, austrlorps and orpingtons. Im worried about them hurting their feet. Starting my coop now for spring chicks and want to try to work out the kinks before there is a problem.

Back
Top Bottom