Jersey Giants thread for pictures and discussion

Good morning, Giant peeps! Hope you are all well. I was going to travel to the Ohio Nationals this weekend, but am not unable to do so. I hope those of you who make it will find each other & make some new Giant friends!

If you should see a gentleman named Cliff Calhoun showing some Giants, please pass along that I have done well with the juvenile pair I held back for exhibition from him; I've taken a few BB with the pullet and RB with the cockerel, and I'm very much looking forward to breeding them in 2014, along with my original line...working toward more Blues in that line. Gotta love those blues!

Good morning, Giant peeps!  Hope you are all well.  I was going to travel to the Ohio Nationals this weekend, but am not unable to do so.  I hope those of you who make it will find each other & make some new Giant friends!

If you should see a gentleman named Cliff Calhoun showing some Giants, please pass along that I have done well with the juvenile pair I held back for exhibition from him; I've taken a few BB with the pullet and RB with the cockerel, and I'm very much looking forward to breeding them in 2014, along with my original line...working toward more Blues in that line.  Gotta love those blues!

): I was looking forward to meeting you but understand. Dh and I are heading that way today; hope the weather stays fair.

): I was looking forward to meeting you but understand. Dh and I are heading that way today; hope the weather stays fair.
I had originally planned to go, but...it was either go to the show, or use the $ I'd have spent toward finishing up the runs on my new chicken barn! :) Chicken barn takes priority for now! Enjoy the show, it's one of my very favorites! GEt some Giant pics to share if you can!

Hello,

I'm new to the thread and have a question. I have what looks like an Australorp (coloring and such) but is just getting bigger and bigger. She is twice that of my barred rock and I swear just keeps growing. I bought her second hand and was told she was an Australorp but her size makes me wonder. She is 5 mo old now. Are there very many jersey giants that mix with autralorps?

Thanks
Barb

I'm a JG breeder in Oregon and am coming to a show in Stockton, CA in January. I'd be happy to bring some quality chicks for your childs 4H project. I will also be selling black, blue and splash pullets at the show. These are all birds hatched from breeder and show quality stock.

Wonderful, I will be living close to Stockton and would also just love 2 pullets blue or black. I also have 2 hatchery birds and would love the larger ones. I will come too.

Hi All!! Can someone pls try to post a pic of the yellow on the feet for me, i have a concern that I may not have gotten JG and was told they are, confused n abit peeved. Thanks!!

Hello,

I'm new to the thread and have a question. I have what looks like an Australorp (coloring and such) but is just getting bigger and bigger. She is twice that of my barred rock and I swear just keeps growing. I bought her second hand and was told she was an Australorp but her size makes me wonder. She is 5 mo old now. Are there very many jersey giants that mix with autralorps?

Thanks
Barb
Jerseys have Yellow legs and Australorps have Gray/Black legs. Note the two in the left of this shot are both Lorps they are large birds (these are all LFs). Red faces. Dark eyes.

JG will have lighter eyes and yellow legs just like the buff chicken on the right.

of course a JG roo will be happy to mate with pretty much any hen that is handy so mixes will happen. I've personally entertained the idea of adding a JG roo to mate with the Lorp sisters here simply to get even larger birds. Can't think I am the first to consider it.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom