Jersey Giants thread for pictures and discussion

Louie won best of breed yesterday under Judge Don Nelson.
We had a wonderful show. It was the first time giants were shown in Texas
and we had a nice entry of four. Louie got a real good look
for Reserve American Class, but didn't quite get there this time.
It was a wonderful experience and I learned tons!!
Diane in Texas
D.gif
D.gif
D.gif
WAY TO GO! LOUIE!!!
thumbsup.gif

Louie won best of breed yesterday under Judge Don Nelson.
We had a wonderful show. It was the first time giants were shown in Texas
and we had a nice entry of four. Louie got a real good look
for Reserve American Class, but didn't quite get there this time.
It was a wonderful experience and I learned tons!!
Diane in Texas
Louie was beautiful. He was definitely a bird of note yesterday. He showed off his crowing when I would come by :)

Someone may have addressed this already, but Jersey Giants DO NOT HAVE YELLOW LEGS. The bottoms of their feet should be yellow and, in fact, if there is an absence of yellow (i.e. if the bottoms of feet are slate, pink, or white) they would be DQ'd, but the shanks should be slate. Here is a close-up of the correct coloring for the bottom of the feet; this is a hen that was in full lay - often when they are in full lay, the yellow gets a bit more dusky, but you can definitely see they are yellow and not white or pink: Here is a pic of a few cull pullets/hens - note the leg color is slate, not yellow: Also, the eyes should be very dark - almost black. :)
What nice JG's you have!

This is my Jersey Giant chicken called Kevin she is very friendly and I found out she was a female after naming her and the name has stuck
@joelharris how come you only have one? Once you get bitten, well, time will tell! I'm planning on hatching as many as I can this spring. I'm trying for blues; also blue in the Marans and Ameraucanas.

Back
Top Bottom